“Lovely B&B in Montreal”
Review of Le Terra Nostra

Le Terra Nostra
Ranked #7 of 146 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed at Le Terra Nostra for one night on May 24, 2014. The hostess Mireille was very charming and made us feel at home. We picked the bedroom on the main floor to eliminate the stairs to the second floor. It was called Antarctica all dressed in white and very clean as is all the house. Mireille prepared a really good breakfast with a choice of coffees. There is also a patio to sit out on and she serves breakfast there in the good weather.

I would highly recommend this B&B to my friends and hope to be able to come back for a longer stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne M
lauzon_mireille, Owner at Le Terra Nostra, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you Anne for taking the time to write a nice reveiew even if you stayed only one night.
Remember, we are just 2 driving hours away and open all year round!

Give my hello to Tom.

All th best,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Do not hesitate to stay at this bed and breakfast--just book it! I stayed here with my best friend over the weekend for a wedding and had some of the best breakfasts of my life at this place including delicious crepes, french toast with homemade jam, warm muffins and fresh juice. We stayed in the Asia room which was spotlessly clean and the entire house was beautifully decorated. Was definitely inspired to use some of the interior design ideas in my own home. Mireille, the home owner, was also incredibly helpful throughout our entire stay and helped us get where we needed to go (with tons of great money saving tips!) every step of the way. You will not be disappointed with Le Terra Nostra and I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in Montreal.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you sooo much Nanayaa (or Shanty) for such a wonderful review! You made my day!!!!

You don't need another wedding to come to Montreal as there is so much to do and see. We would be very happy to see you again at Le Terra Nostra.

All the best,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at Le Terra Nostra for seven nights during our recent stay in Montreal to visit the city and attend Formula 1. Mireille Lauzon was an exceptional hostess; our room was comfortable and equipped with a ceiling fan. Breakfasts were delicious with freshly prepared juices and baked goodies. She had a prepared restaurant list and gave us helpful tips for which metro lines and stops to take us to various locations. She recommended a walk to the Rapids and we very much enjoyed the scenery and the experience. Mireille provided bottled water each day which we appreciated as well as an opportunity to make tea ourselves. We will definitely stay here again; hopefully for F! 2015.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Asia room, which is the smallest of the four (I think.) It was equipped with a ceil...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Evelyn for your very nice review.

Our outdoor living room has evolved so much since you came. It has become a nice area to relax in the shade and people seems to enjoy it, just as much at night with our sun powered lanterns, as during sun peak..
Hope you can take advantage of it next year when you come for Grand Prix 2015!! We are looking forward to welcoming you both again.

Take good care of Mike and yourself. Lots of nice sunsets and whales through your window in beautiful Newfoundland.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Mireille Lauzon takes pride in her b&b which is apparent in the furnishings and the attention to detail. Our room (Europa) was large and the bathroom was exceptionally so.

She has complied her own list of her favorite restaurants and has plenty of knowledge of Montreal events. She also helped in showing where to catch the Metro, how many stops, etc. for us to take to get to the Formula 1. She also saved us money by suggesting we buy the three day pass and what buses to take.

She works hard to make you stay pleasent and is very amendable to your requests. I get up very early so she showed me how to make coffee in her kitchen. Her breakfasts was anove board. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: We would select either the Europa or the Afrika room due to size and charm.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Key for such a nice review!!

I was delighted when you called in September to book a room for Grand Prix Montreal, taking place in June!! It always make me so happy to realise that customers wish to come to MY B&B!!!
It was nice to have a bit of Santa Fee in my home, as it is a place I wlooking for to visit one of these days.

My hello to Jeanne.
All the best,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at Le Terra Nostra for two nights and I immensely enjoyed Mireille's hospitality. My room
had the Asian theme. It was beautifully decorated, impeccable and very comfortable. The bathroom had heated floor. Mireille helped me with directions to the places i wanted to visit, She had helpful suggestions for restaurants. The breakfasts were delightful and their presentation was attractive.
I borrowed a bicycle from the B&B and was able to ride in the neighborhood along the river.
The house is located a few yards from a bus line and the metro station was about ten minutes by bus.
I admired the crafts and art works that Mireille has acquired during her trips to other continents.

I highly recommend Le Terra Nostra.

Bernardo G

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you Bernardo for taking the time to talk nicely about us on TripAdvisor. It is always very much appreciated.

You came on May 3rd-4th and you could use the heathed floor!! It says it all about the crappy spring we got this year!! I seems like you enjoyed Montreal nonetheless.
We always gain to see the glass half full versus half empty!!

All the best.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The owner, Mireille is wonderful, she made myself, my husband, and our 2 guests feel right at home. My husband had a heart attack on Easter of last year and I was beside myself, our friend swept right in and were the glue that kept me together through it all. I stayed at their place and they took me back and forth to the hospital and were there to help even when my husband came out of the hospital. I also wanted my husband to have a relaxing experience after his ordeal. I'm making a long story short but i wanted to give back a little so for Valentines weekend I arranged an all paid weekend of fun for them. They, including my husband had no idea where they were going until they got there.There being Mireille's wonderful B & B, that is where our weekend started and my husband and our friends simply loved it. The whole place, not just the rooms is so lovely, Mureille has a great eye for furnishings, much like the house its self many pieces of the furniture or decorative aspects have a little story behind them. My husband and I had the Afrika themed room and I got our friends the Europa themed room. I asked Mireille for baskets in each room of non alcoholic champaign, with sweet and salty treats, plus I asked for flowers in each room to go with the theme of the room. Mireille did not miss a thing and the rooms smelt beautiful like the flowers. The rooms are absolutely beautiful, the themes are so much fun to see when you walk in the room. The beds are so comfy and you will sleep like a dream.The bathrooms are huge and Mireille carries her wonderful theme into the bathrooms. The bathrooms have a spa feel to them and they come with heated floors which are a dream, especially in the Winter. Mireille thought of everything, for me the little things stood out just as much. Little things like ice cider in the rooms, tea in the foyer, bubble bath, bath salts, shampoo, shower gel, dental floss, Q-tips, even make up remover pads in the bathroom. The internet is available at no extra fee and she ipod consoles in each room to listen to your music. None of us wanted to leave. This is a delectable little B & B hideaway and we would definitely go again. Definitely recommend this place to anyone in the area of from out of town. Thank you Mireille for making all of our experiences a wonderful memory :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much Laurie for your nicely detailed review. You are very generous, not only with you loved ones.
I hope your friends enjoyed Le Terra Nostra just as much as you did.
But what a treat??!!! They had no clue where they were going!!!

I sincerely hope all of you are well now.

All the best to you and James, Janet & Graham.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

It was unexpected to find such a lovely home tucked on a quiet residential street minutes from downtown Montreal. The themed rooms are gorgeous, with very comfortable beds and dreamy bathrooms. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. Mirielle's attention to detail makes you feel as if your every wish has been considered, both in the little extras that grace the common areas and in the individual rooms. We picked up bagels and salmon for a picnic lunch and she set the table for us and cleaned up our extra mess with a pleasant smile. I cannot wait to see her backyard in the spring or summer when her flowers and trees are in bloom. There are fascinating stories behind many of her treasures located throughout the house. Mirielle also arranged for us to have bouquets of flowers and gift baskets in our rooms, along with complementary chocolates and ice cider. It was a memorable weekend!

Room Tip: Rooms vary in size. The largest room runs from front to back of the house, with a window facing the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
lauzon_mireille, Owner at Le Terra Nostra, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you Janet for writing such a beautiful review and to have been so fast at doing it. It seems like you just left!

I highly appreciated "it was a memorable week-end" since this is my motto. It makes my choices in life writhed.

It was a pleasure having your group here and I hope Laurie's surprise brought you what it was meant for.

Hope to see you all in the garden this summer!