If you're looking at this place, then you must be searching for a budget, roomy, downtown place to stay. The place looks like an apartment converted into hotel rooms. Each room we had sported a kitchen and its own hot-water tank in the closet! We had 4 rooms and 2 of them had something wrong with them (a/c didn't work in one, shower head was broken in another).
The decor is in bad need of updating... it's not the 80's anymore. The rooms are a bit musty, so turn on the a/c asap. The carpet is a bit nasty; it must be original. Bring sandles / flip-flops. Like others have noted, there's no daily cleaning service. So, if you're staying for more than 1 night, save your towels for re-use, or plan to make frequent visits to the front desk. No ice machine anywhere.
Okay, so there is some good to this place besides the price. The suites are very roomy so it's great for families or a group of friends but the regular rooms are not so big. The bed and bathrooms are clean. There's a kitchen! Free internet. And the location is downtown... you can't beat that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Candlewood Suites Extended Stay Apartment Hotel Montreal downtown. The Candlewood Suites Hotel is a member of the IHG family of brands, which includes InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn and Staybridge Suites. The Candlewood Suites Hotel Montreal offers apartment like suites to government, business, relocation, training & extended stay hotel guests requiring long or short term hotel or real estate accommodations. The Candlewood Suites Hotel Montreal is within walking distance to the Old Port of Montreal, Chinatown, Place des Arts, Contemporary Art Museum & St. Catherine Street Shopping. Walk to nearby businesses including Bell Canada BCE, CGI, Bomardier, Hydro Quebec, Desjardins Financial, SNC Lavalin, Complex Guy Favreau, IBM, CBC, Alcoa, Alcan, ING, VIA Systems Standard Life, London Life Power Corporation & CHUM Hospital Project. Enjoy your evening dining on St. Laurent Street before retiring to your spacious suite. Our pet friendly hotel (fee) features studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartment like suites featuring fully-equipped kitchens, spacious living and work areas, TV with DVD player, free high-speed wired Internet access, two phone lines with personalized voicemail. Other apartment like conveniences include 24-hour business center offering free Internet access, printing, faxing & copying capabilities, complimentary guest laundry facilities, fitness center, courtyard & lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Montreal Centre-Ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Montreal Centre-Ville Hotel Montreal
- Candlewood Montreal
- Montreal Candlewood Suites