“Ants, ants, ants”

Ranked #73 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Ottawa, Canada
“Ants, ants, ants”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Descent room but woke up the next morning to a whole bunch of ants crawling in almost every corner of the room, all over the carpet, living room space and entrance to the bathroom. Brought it to the attention of the front desk staff, but all they said was "sorry about that, we will have someone take a look". Lack of remorse shown and even though I had a special rate, they could have done offered something to compensate for that as bugs is an issue of sanitation that I didn't expect to pay for.

• Stayed March 2014
Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Montreal Centre-Ville, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Charlyyy123,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay at the Candlewood Suites. We apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. Our Housekeeping manager was already advised of the situation. You can contact us at your convenience to discuss more of the situation that occur. Again we are sorry for the problems that it caused you. Sincerely, Julie S. - Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 February 2014

It was my first exposure to the concept of a home like hotel, where you do everything by yourself!
No Room service, concierge, bell boy, daily housekeeping, etc... you know your usual hotel experience.

However, it was sincerely a pleasant one, the 1 bedroom suite was adequate for 2 persons and the fully equipped kitchen can fulfil magic with the right will and attitude. :)

The location is the most important feature as 3 minutes walk to the metro station with endless possibility as long you are within the DT (Down Town) area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AYousef
Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Montreal Centre-Ville, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Hello AYousef,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. The standard of the brand Candlewood Suites is to offer weekly services to our guest. It allows them to have their privacy. We are glad to hear that the location was convenient for you. I will pass along your comments to the staff.
Again thank you for your review.

Julie S- Guest Service Manager
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is a "suites" property, which means they only clean your once a week!
Since I booked this as a "3 star hotel" through Hotwire, I was very disappointed.
In my book, hotel has a daily cleaning service.

The fact the staff is very nice, and that the room is spacious and nice is no help
When I am on a busy business trip I do not expect or have the energy to end the day with having to wipe the floor and scrub the toilet

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Montreal Centre-Ville, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Hello UpForTravelGuy,

We woul'd like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay.The
standard of the brand Candlewood Suites is to offer weekly service to our guests. It allows them to have there privacy and to be environmentally friendly. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Again thank you for your comments.

Julie S.- Guest Service Manager

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at Candlewood Suites for a month, this was our first "home" in Montreal. Service was okay, though not stellar. Staff were generally friendly and polite.

What we appreciated the most:
~ Complimentary items, like coffee and kitchen stuff (diswashing liquid, etc.) Those little things helped us a lot while we were still settling down, all jet-lagged and tired :)
~ Pet-friendly.
~ Free wifi with good speed.
~ Laundry room is free to use, there are washing machines and dryers.
~ Business center with 2 computers and printer.
~ Small convenience store in the lobby, which comes in handy if you don't have time to walk to the supermarket.
~ Location is excellent, right in downtown Montreal. Near the Metro (Champ de Mars) and Chinatown, as well as shopping areas at St. Catherine.
~ Quite pleased that we weren't charged for breaking a drinking glass and melting a cooking spatula in the dishwasher.

What we weren't really too hot about:
~ Housekeeping was inconsistent - they were supposed to clean every week, but they'd miss a week sometimes, and there were times when we didn't get the appropriate number of towels.

Overall, this an okay hotel to stay in, no major complaints. I would recommend this for families or groups to get best value for money, considering the good location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VeeMeow
Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Montreal Centre-Ville, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Hello VeeMeow,
First of all i would like to thank you for your review. We are happy to see taht you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. It is great that the location was convenient for you.We will take note of your comments about the housekeeping and with your feedback we will make the improvement on the service towards are longterm stay guests. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again. Julie S- Guest Service Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Our 2 night stay here was just ok. The staff was helpful but did not go out of their way. The rooms were dirty and the bathroom sink was stopped up. The room was quite and big however. If we return to Montreal, I do not believe I will be booking here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Montreal Centre-Ville, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Hello Charles K,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write us a comment. We are very sorry that you have experience problems during your stay. The manager of housekeeping is already aware of the issues and they are making the follow up so that this problem does not happen again. With your feedback we can make the improvements to be at your sastisfaction. Sincerely, Julie S - Guest Service Manager
London, England
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel is a suite hotel aimed at longer term residents, but we got a good deal (about $50/night including taxes) through the Hotwire secret hotel function. The hotel itself is pretty basic but modern and clean, with quite large rooms. I would be happy to stay here again.

My only minor quibble is that the check in staff are not totally honest. We requested a room with 2 beds and were told that they were "all unavailable". I then checked the hotel website and found I could place a booking for multiple 2-bed rooms for that same night. When I queried this, the check in woman just shrugged and refused to address the issue.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Montreal Centre-Ville, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear FarTravellingJames,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your comments about your stay. We are pleased to see that the hotel was convenient for you. Unfortunately the room type when booking online, is never guaranteed. We are doing are best to honour every reservations. Again thank you for your review and we will see you next time. Sincerely,
Julie S. Guest Service Manager
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I checked in on New Year's Eve because I wanted to be in Montreal for the changing of the year. It was bitterly cold outside. The check-in was quick and efficient and my room was nice and warm.

I found the room to be spacious. I had a King suite as I was on my own and meeting friends. My friends stayed at another hotel about four blocks away and paid more but I had a lot more space. I have to say the full kitchen was nice although wasted on me because I left the next day. But if I were to go for a weekend or for a work week I would definitely stay here again.

For people travelling with kids, I think it would be great esspecially over a weekend because you do have the full kitchen which would be very helpful.

All in all I was very pleased with my trip and will most definitely stay at this location again.

Cheers
L

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Hello LeeWhitmore,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay. It is great that you enjoyed the hotel and that the location was convenient for you. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you next time you come to Montreal. Sincerely,
Julie S. Guest Service Manager