“My Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #28 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“My Wonderful Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

My partner and I stayed here in October so first apologies for not writing this earlier. To begin with Andre' is a great host even parking our vehicle for us so we could unload our cases and then taking the car to its parking bay for the two nights we were due to stay.
The hotel must be the most interesting conversion we have ever seen who ever designed it knew what they were doing. We stayed in apartment 4 which is quite large with ample wardrobe space fabulous bed but more than both of those the most glorious shower one could expect from a room.
Outside our room and all the rooms is a communal lounge and kitchen which are both exquisitely designed and furnished we could have moved in truly it was so inviting and comfortable we didn't want to leave.
As for breakfast this is served in the apartment where Andre' lives and cooked and served by the wonderful Sylvain and if I have spelt his name incorrectly I apologise but his Eggs Benedict must be the first and best you could ever have the pleasure in tasting
If you are ever in Montreal and you are gay please take our advice and stay here you will not be disappointed Martyn and Ray

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
newtonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

Private, cvlean, exceptional. Andre' and Yvon made me feel special. Stayed in room #2 over Rembrance day weekend. Nov 11, 2012. Will return. Rooms 2 and 4 book out early, the suite is hard to come by. Check out the granite showers with infinite watter temp control.

Room Tip: Rooms 2 and 4 book out early. The suite is hard to come by. Off season rates are good.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

Words cannot begin to describe the quiet, classy beauty of this remarkable B&B. Conveniently located literally around the corner (less than 1 block) from the center of Le Village (St. Catherine). Host Andre could not be more accommodating, the rooms are compact but exquisitely furnished with all the comforts of home w/ en suite bathrooms. Room 2 has the queen size bed and only a curtain to separate the toilet but couldn't have been more comfortable.
Gourmet breakfasts are served downstairs in a homey dining room (outside in season), cooked to order as you arrive in the morning and well worth the price alone!!! Our three breakfasts each topped the preceding one: fresh fruit cup with a dash of yougurt to start then: Day 1- omelette with amazing brown toast; Day 2- french toast w bacon; Day 3- eggs benedict w asaparagus (perhaps the best I've ever had)... simply to die for!
Needless to say we will return and bring friends, with only 5 rooms it is possible to have a quiet couple get-a-way or take over the place with your best friends and have a gay haven unto yourselves.

Room Tip: Room 2 has the queen but only curtain to separate the toilet Rooms 1 & 3 have doubles but with...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dwroesekejr
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

I am almost lost for words. This B&B is so much more. Easy to find, convent and those are before you even enter. Breathtaking design relaxing and spotless clean. Great hosts not intrusive but always helpful, you get the feeling its not just another business but really a hobby of theirs to have guests.Had a street facing room but was silent , good sound insulation between rooms. Did I say clean? Spotless . Breakfast fresh made each morning and delicious. Not a cheap bed and breakfast but same as local hotels for 3 star and here you get 20 stars at least.Good house coverage of reliable and fast internet connection, lovely tough of help your self Kitchener in common lounge with soft drinks and snack bars ,, help your self and all included. What else did I forget,,,, the dog,,,, lovely welcome .Thank guys it was great place and think that like the other people who meet at breakfast I will become a return visitor ( that in one line sums it up ,,, people come back)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

I had the pleasure to be hosted at Sir Montclam - I haven't regret any minute to have choosen for my five night stay this propoerty. It is for a B&B maybe more expensive, though, the location is excellent (Metro very close), and quiet. The rooms have their own bath and the morning breakfast is prepared withnlove and accuracy by Jean.
Laundry service is available and very reliable. WiFi works perfectl.y
No doubt: I'd stay again in Montreal at the Sir and would recommend it to anybody staying in Montreal for pleasure and business.
Well done!

Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

My partner and I stayed at Sir Montcalm for seven nights in mid-August. (We had mistakenly booked for six nights, but Andre gracefully accommodated our last-minute change.) Our room could not be described as "roomy," but it was comfortable and clean and kept at a perfect temperature. Plus, everything in it was top quality: the finishes, the bedding, the water pressure, the thick towels. (The wall-mounted TV was about three sizes too small but we watched TV for about 10 minutes the whole week.) I had some of the best sleep of my life there. After a day of walking and sight-seeing, nothing was more inviting than our cozy, cool room. We had a great start each day too: a delicious breakfast that somehow always seemed perfectly portioned (and I'm an eater), served up by the elegant Levi in an open-air space just off a luxurious garden. I even liked the ever-present music in that space. We drove from Philadelphia and parking was made available about two blocks from the building for a (reasonable) $20/day. Andre, Levi, Jean: THANK YOU. We'll be back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Amazing B&B, a must stay when in Montreal! From the 'attention to detail' room designs, spotlessly clean accommodations, great location and a friendly, courteous, helpful team, the Sir Moncalm is simply The Best! Planned a to spend a weekend but my trip was extended due weather conditions in Florida. Andrea and his team were very accommodating and made my unexpected extended stay a pleasant experience! I will be forever grateful to them!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends