Le Relais Lyonnais
Hotel Le Breton(Montreal)
  • Beachfront
Hotel 7 Saisons(Montreal)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslatin quarterrue st denisthird floorsmall hotelnespresso machinerain showerreplenished dailylively streetboutique hotelno elevatorsitting roomold montrealcroissantsgreat boutiqueevery morningbars and restaurantsgreat shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We rented this hotel because of the great review and the great price. With the high expectation they certainly deliver.

Pros:
Great location
Great room, huge bathroom and everything clean and nicely laid out
Great stuff included - espresso, water, bath robes

Cons:
The TV should be bigger.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave G
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

My wife & I stayed here for 2 nights in suite 101 and we were very pleased! It is on Rue St. Denis which has many restaurants within walking distance. The metro is 1 minute walk away and old Montreal is 15 minutes walk.
The rooms are impeccably clean and after our first night, we returned to even find our hairbrush had been cleaned of our loose hairs! Fantastic!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TripMember024102016
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is an instance when I wonder if an entity is somehow gaming the Travelocity system. This hotel is fine. No more, no less. It is certainly not a four-star establishment by French or American standards; I don't know what the star maximum is in Canada, so if it's a wider scale, maybe that explains it.

The positives: The room is spacious, the water pressure is amazing, and the hot water heater did its job. The rooms look like they were redone sometime in the last five years. Hard wood floors, nice tile and fixtures in the bathroom. But it's all in the details, right?

The negatives: The foyer, where no one is on duty--I've seen the proprietor or front desk clerk once in three days and that was at check-in, smells bad. Like old shoes. Fortunately, that smell does not carry over into the rooms. The rooms, as mentioned, are spacious, but if you like reading in bed (and I realize this isn't everyone), you have to get out of bed to turn off the big, glaring overhead lights when you've finished because the recessed lighting by the bed is too dim to read by, even on the high setting. And for those who enjoy watching TV in bed, you're also out of luck, because the remote signal doesn't stretch that far, so you have to stand on the bed or walk closer to the TV to change the channels.

Also, if you have hair longer than past your ears, you're in trouble. The hotel bathroom had one of those cheap, energy-efficient hair driers--the ones with the long plastic tube that connects to a wall unit-- that never really dry your hair and aren't actually energy efficient because you have to spend three times as long completing the task as you would with a normal drier.

And lastly, this is not the hotel's fault, but a word on the neighborhood is in order: the hotel is located very close to the University of Quebec at Montreal, which means lots of students and cheap restaurants, neither of which are bad. It is also very close to several hospitals. What does this mean for you? There are large numbers of homeless panhandlers and indigent individuals asking students and those out on the streets for money. Not threatening, but not a great experience either.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank ErinG504
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed 5 nights in this hotel and I appreciated very much the location. Many restaurants, cinemas, one minutes walk from a nice tea salon where they have lovely Japanese tea camellia-sinensis.com). 2 minutes walk from the metro and 15 min walk to the old city!
I had a very nice room on the first floor on the back side, (don't take the street side if you have a sensitive sleep!).The owners are so kindly, very helpfull! Thanks Albert and thanks Jose for keeping this hotel so well organized and clean!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Based on the other reviews I booked two rooms for four friends. In my haste I didn't clue in to the fact that there was only one queen bed in each room but it was only for one night so we didn't mind. This was my first time in a boutique hotel and I loved it. It felt like staying at a friend's place but with privacy and luxury. The bed was very comfortable. The towels thick and luxurious. Every amenity was available: a coffee/tea/espresso maker with assorted teas and coffees. The usual shampoo, lotion, soap and even Q-tips. A lovely large shower stall (no bath) with a rain head. The location was perfect: half a block to the Metro, plenty of restaurants and shopping in walking distance. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, allowing us to leave our bags after we had checked out so we could pick them up later in the day. One of our rooms was upgraded, at no extra charge, to a suite with a sitting area and outside deck which would be nice in the summer. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends