Le Relais Lyonnais
US$337
US$325
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Armor Manoir Sherbrooke(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$313
US$780
US$758
  • Pool
All reviewslatin quarterrue st denisthird floorsmall hotelnespresso machinerain showerreplenished dailylively streetboutique hotelno elevatorsitting roomold montrealcroissantsgreat boutiqueevery morningbars and restaurantsgreat shower
Reviewed 25 March 2009

This Hotel is fantastic I have read the reviews and thought it seemed to good to be true. But trust me this hotel is everything it has claimed to be. The staff are fantastic. Location is brilliant - it is right in the thick of things, but the bustle is great. Rooms are really lovely (ok a bit small but luxurious - and really intelligently updated).
From our welcome we were made to feel at home. The owner runs the restraunt below the hotel and is there most days but nothing is too much trouble. Always giving directions or offering advice. The rooms are spotless and the level of decor is high. Plus a few nice touchs like free internet. The rates are reasonable when compared with the competition. I could not recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philip D
Reviewed 21 February 2009

All the good stuff said on here is true about this small boutique hotel! Location is a lot of fun - walking distance to many restaurants, the Metro, Schwartz's deli to name a few. Jose at reception was very kind - gave me a free breakfast because he said I looked like a nice person! The pastries in the restaurant - yummmm. I had the small front room on the first floor (room 101) which is almost on the sidewalk! Wasn't that noisy at all, slept with no problem. Enjoyed watching the action on the street through the lovely shutters. Room was a bit on the small side but very nice and clean with fridge (with bottled water inside), coffee maker, great shower, etc. The next time I'm in Montreal, I will try to stay here again (didn't notice any parking though). There is never anybody at the front desk - when you first arrive, just ring the doorbell and somebody will come quickly. Not a big deal - once you check in, your room key lets you into the front door of the building as well as your room. Wifi was good.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank Adeline_M
Reviewed 10 February 2009

This is the best place to stay if you plan a trip to Montreal! The hotel was awesome and it is situated in the heart of everything.

I stayed there with my husband to celebrate my 30th birthday and it was really perfect. Everything was very modern and stylish and very clean. The thing we liked best was the breakfast :-) I put some pictures along...

If we visit Montreal again we defenitely will choose the Relais Lyonnaise again!!!

Nicole and Heinz

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank esthero78
Reviewed 5 January 2009

Absolutely amazing cost little boutique Hotel. The room (Deluxe) was amazingly contemporary with good size LCD TV, coffee machine, safe etc. Bathroom was a decent size. Rooms were immaculately clean. Location was very good with many many bars and restuarant in St Denis.

10 MIns walk to Old Montreal.

Albert the owner is a gem - very helpful and polite and most of all, Always smiling.

Highly reccomend this Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank babolat
Reviewed 25 November 2008

This is a really great hotel in central montreal. The room itself was really beautiful - very tasteful and modern (with an absolutely amazing power shower!).

We stayed in the room at the front of the hotel, which I was expecting to be noisy as it faced the street and the comedy festival was on right outside, but it wasn't at all.

The guy at the front desk was also really friendly and helpful.

The only thing I'd say is avoid the restaurant downstairs for breakfast - the food isn't great, its overpriced, and the staff are grumpy. I'd recommend Eggs Spectation for breakfast / brunch (201 Rue St-jacques) - all things eggs and huge portions!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ruairc