“Best B & B in Montreal Village”
Review of Maison Des Jardins

Maison Des Jardins
Ranked #11 of 145 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The only place I stay on my yearly vacation to Montreal Always clean and a great location close to
transportation, dining, bars, clubs, shopping, ect. Owners and staff always very helpful and
friendly A full breakfast served in the dining room every morning by Marc or Paul who are
both great guys as are the owners Luc and Robert Stay there once and you will want to return
Jeff in San Diego

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are large with very nice bathrooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jeff_ashmore

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I am writing this review of Maison des Jardins and we have not even left yet. We fly out tomorrow morning but I am already missing this place. I am so depressed to leave this welcoming city and most of all to leave Maison des Jardins. I can say with all honesty that this is the most welcoming place I have ever stayed in my life.

The host, Luc, is the kindest and nicest man I have ever met. He goes over and beyond to make sure your stay is best possible stay. Marc and Paul, who you will also meet during your stay, are also super hosts. Everyone is eager to assist with assistance in finding places to eat, finding places to see, finding transporation, etc. Luc is also the morning chef and you will be amazed at the breakfast he prepares daily. It is outstanding! Again, I can't say enough of how he strives to make sure each guest has a wonderful stay.

The rooms are great. They are spotlessly clean, well appointed, quiet, and quite comfortable. As with everything else at this wonderful bed and breakfast, you don't want for anything in your room. Everything you need is provided.

The BB is located within easy walking distance of the village, shopping, bars, the Metro, etc.

If we ever return to Montreal, which I am sure we will, there is nowhere else we will even consider to stay except Maison des Jardins.

Thanks for making our trip to Montreal such a great one.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 1. We had a nice king sized bed and private bath. The mini fridge also came in v...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank BURGESS-IN-VA
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

A friend recommended this BnB. Being a local, he said several of his friends who visit & like to be close to The Village all have raved about it: they are correct! Paul & Marc, the "houseboys", made me feel perfectly at home--was my 1st time in Montreal! Breakfasts were a low-key social event. Made friends with other guests; one couple from Boston said they've been staying there for 16 years... I stayed in Room B, in basement, but not dreary & with bathroom & fridge and a window to let sunlight & fresh air in from the street. Paul speaks 4 languages (French, English, Spanish & Portuguese) & will offer you tips about local sites & give you a full culinary background to what types of fruits & veggies are found naturally in the area. Being an avid cook, he takes delight in providing any home made accompaniment to your breakfast. In my 6 nights there, I used the outdoor jacuzzi twice. Nice way to relax! My only regret is that I didn't schedule a massage with Luc, the owner... next time. (I will be back!) Enjoy Montreal!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Quesillo
Reviewed 24 June 2013

It was my second stay at the Maison Des Jardins and hopefully not my last. The B&B is comfortabe and well located for sightseeing in Montreal and for bars and pubs in the gay village. I would recommend the place to everybody especially for its excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2013

A garden right next door to the bars !!!
Incredible to be walking 2 minutes from all the bars (Eagle, Stud, Unity) and be in this quiet, clean and warm place ! Breakfasts are generous, people are charming... I told you : home without your mother !

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2013

This was my second time at Maison des Jardins and it was as good as the first time. Luc and Robert and their staff did it again to make this stay a pleasant one. It is certainly the hospitality and the friendly atmosphere of the entiere staff what makes me to return to it soon.
Breakfast was supberb and the rooms are clean and quite .
This is a great place to meet other guest and exchange ideas what to do and see in Montreal; certainly I will return to this outstandin place in the near future and hope others will stay and enjoy their stay as much as I did.
Merci a Luc et Robert pour une bon temp a Maison des Jardins,

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank OURS2
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Just had a 5-night stay at this quiet, sweet B&B, it was actually my first time staying at a B&B and a gay one at that, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Luc and Robert turned out to be very welcoming, genuine hosts, best part of the breakfast for me was their home made strawberry and peach jam, place is well maintained and gets cleaned on a daily basis, unfortunately I didn't get to use all the amenities such as jacuzzi thanks to the harsh weather... wished I could have communicated a bit more with the rest of the house guests which I found hard because practically everyone converses in French and there's a big age difference, but it is what it is. Overall, a great stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo