“Perfect for the young traveller.”
Review of Alexandrie Hostel

Alexandrie Hostel
Ranked #10 of 102 Speciality Lodging in Montreal
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I've stayed at Alexandrie-Montréal on two separate occasions. First, as a backpacker staying in a standard dorm with my friend. Second time in the private room (essentially an apartment). Great if you're looking to have a good party and be close to transit.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 6 February 2013

Hello everybody,
I have recently moved out of the hostel Alexandrie and I would like to say thank you all those friendly staff there, especially to kind Luke, always helpful "H" and genuine Joelle...Although my stay was longer then I expected, I will never regret because I met wonderful people, who had helped me a lot and I had great time with them there. As guys had mentioned in reviews before, the common room is big /not each hostel has it!/ and gives you chance to meet your friends or meet new people any time you want to and have fun. I would highly recommend to any travellers, backpackers or just ordinary people, come and stay at least for over night to experience it, the price is reasonable and the location is fantastic!!!Merci beaucoup:-) Zdena

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 December 2012

This hostel has its own unique twist and vibe which I found really cool! Location is really good, with everything within walking distance. Unfortunately when I was there it rained heavily so could nt go out, however the common area is extremely social which made it easier to meet people, and new friends. There is old school Nintendo and Sega games for you to enjoy, which we turned into drinking games, and it felt like everyone that stayed there was included in all the fun had by everyone.
The staff were very friendly and helpful in all ways possible and arranged laid back activities for guests if they wanted to join in, thoroughly reccomend

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Sambo20389
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This is a great hostel in Montreal. The location is really good for getting everywhere, the staff were all really friendly and the main lobby and common areas had a great, fun feel. I was traveling with 3 others and we stayed in a 4 person dorm together which was great, the room was big and it felt safe. The only complaint is the bathrooms - we only had one bathroom (one toilet, one shower) between our room and 2 others, so about 10-12 people sharing one bathroom which was very inconvenient at times! Apart from that it was a great hostel, they have free breakfast in the morning and the staff are very helpful.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I've been in this hostel 3 times during my trip over Quebec. I've booked a single bed in 8-bed mixed dormitory room in June 2012. Overall I'm very satisfied with my choise. The price is really low 25-28 CAD per nigt for the bed. The location is perfect: 5 min of walk from the central bus station (no need for taxi) and 5 minutes of walk from the nearest subway station (Beaudry Station).
The BIXI rack is by the corner and another one 200 meters away.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Wifi is ok (only in common area). My room was pretty clean. There were many old towels in the bathroom though for my first stay and then they dissapeared when I came back for the second time. There was no space to put clothes in the bathroom when taking shower.
As for the sleep, I guess it depends on your neighbours. I was lucky, I guess, and slept well.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We stayed in the shared apartment on the 3rd floor for a couple of nights. The apartment is a 2 bedroom apartment which you occupy 1 of the bedrooms and another guest the other.

The apartment was very nice with a spacious living area (no TV), dining table, and small balcony with views of the street. There was also a kitchen within the apartment with a huge fridge/freezer, sink and even a washer/dryer.

The room was small within the apartment but furnished nicely with a desk comfy bed with nice sheets and duvet.

The hostel itself has good WiFi in the common area on the G floor but doesn't really reach to level 3. The common area is pretty good and the free breakfast is a nice touch.

One of the best features of the hostel is that the BIXI system (bike sharing) is right out the front door. I highly recommend all tourists use the BIXI system which is cheap, fun and readily available throughout the city.

Overall we would stay here again. Just short of 5 stars, with a star deducted due to the WiFi not being available in the rooms, the location being good (but not great) and the common room could be a bit better.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 7TroopCutCopyPaste
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I booked a room here after finding online and reading reviews. I checked in with an existing reservation and the owner, Luc greeted me at the lobby. From the check in to the check out experience I had an AMAZING TIME. The guests were really friendly, actually as far as my trip to Montreal goes- Alexandrie Hostel was the only FRIENDLY place I could find in the city.

I am probably never going back to Montreal because the Quebecois are incredibly rude with the whole French language deal, which is a pity because I would love to stay at that hostel again and TOTALLY RECOMMEND if you decide to mingle with a non-friendly city.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony, I saw a few and they look great!!