“Simply Charming” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alexandre Logan (1870)

and 1 more site!
Alexandre Logan (1870)
Ranked #19 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Simply Charming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

I was a little skeptical as I walked to the door, but once inside I fell in love with the charming B&B. I stayed in room 3 (the one with the outdoor shower) and I immediately fell in love. Although it was too cold to enjoy the outdoor shower, the room was beautiful, clean and cozy. The porcelain tub in the room was just wonderful and I took advantage of it a few times. Besides the room (which I hardly wanted to leave), the host was equally as charming. Like the B&B itself, he was warm and welcoming. Finally, the breakfast in the morning was delightful. I cannot say enough of this place. If I have the opportunity to visit Montreal again, I will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a private bathroom. Room 3 is my favorite!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RBabcock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Courtenay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

We have stayed at the Alexandre Logan twice and love it. It is centrally located and in a charming historic building, beautifully renovated. Alain could not be more accommodating. On our first visit we needed parking and he arranged a place for us right nearby. He makes the most delicious breakfasts, you will be set up for the day!
We stayed in Room 2 both times; very peaceful, with a comfortable bed and ensuite bathroom. There is also a large common sitting room with a computer, a fridge and tea making facilities.
I would recommend this B and B for anyone visiting Montreal.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

My husband and I arrived in Montreal at the tail end of their biggest snow storm on record (51 cm!). Alain was kind enough to save us a shoveled parking spot right in front of the bed and breakfast, saving us the hassle of paying for a garage or circling around the snowy streets. He gave us GREAT recommendations for restaurants and sights to see in the area.

The B&B is located in a residential area just west of the Village, a short walk from restaurants, shopping and the metro. We stayed for 2 nights in Room 2 - equip with a lovely balcony (which we didn't use due to the snow). The large bathtub provided the perfect treat after a long day of trudging around the cold and snowy street. The breakfasts we had both days were tasty and fresh - Belgian waffles with fresh fruit and whipped cream on day once and a delightful mushroom, cheese and ham omelet with fruit and salad on day two.

My husband and I felt quite spoiled during our visit and will definitely plan to stay here again when we return (although we'll probably aim for a summer visit next time). I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone planning a trip to Montreal.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CorynneOrzech
Beijing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

The position of Alexandre Logan is so good, 2 minutes walk to the Rue Sainte Catherine, where's the most prosperous part of Montreal. Walk another 5 minutes and you will get to the metro station. As it's in the city center, parking is not easy, however, Alain reserved one parking lot just outside the door for me when I told him I would drive to Montreal. What a nice man!

We stayed in room 3, which is very special. I love the outdoor bath & the living room. I could also use the shared balcony to enjoy the sunshine. The street outside the house is a little bit noisy in the day time, but it's quiet enough in the night.

Room Tip: Room 1 & 2 are large & regular and have ensuite bath room. Room 3 is special, it has a good...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Hamilton, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

This was my second time staying at the Bed and Breakfast. Alexander Logan is in an ideal area if you are using transit or do not want to use your car. Alain was an excellenat host. He took the time to explain the area to me and how to use transit. I reccomend using the subway to get around, as I was able to see most of the city very quickly with this. I stayed in Bedroom 2, and have stayed in Bedroom 1 before. Both stunning. If you appreciate victorian style and enjoy antiques, you will love it here. Bed was very comfortable,and I slept very well. Breakfast was very nice. Alain caters to special requests and made me breakfast based on this. Excellent coffee! There is a fridge upstairs in the communial living room area where you can keep your personal wine or beer if you wish. All rooms had WIFI and televisions so I did not use the living room, but did put my drinks in the fridge.The house was impeccably clean. I do not have any complaints about the service I received. I will reccomend this bed and breakfast and intend on staying again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
longvalley, nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

From the minute we arrived the owner Alain greeted us warmly and gave us maps and great tips on places to eat and see. We were only going to stay two nights but stayed a third night because we were so pleased (and comfortable!). Each morning we went downstairs and had the most deliciously prepared breakfasts with the freshest ingredients. A wonderful way to spend our 25th wedding anniversary!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

This has always been our first choice to stay at in Montreal. My wife and I have been lodging at Alexandre Logan for years, and I expect we'll lodge there for years in the future. Alain is a perfect host, the rooms are beautiful and exquisitely clean, and breakfast is elegant and exceptional. I can't possibly say enough positive about this lovely B&B!

Room Tip: We always stay in Room #5. It's tiny, but has a small balcony and gets the morning sun.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business