“Just discovered a part of town I did not know about!”

Excursions Montreal Private tours by Andre Saint-Amant
Ranked #4 of 74 Tours in Montreal
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The ONLY and first private tour agency that specializes in private tours only. Looking for a PRIVATE CITY TOUR Guide either in Montreal or Quebec City? Search no longer, I offer many different tours that I like to Customize and Personalize according to your personal interests...People say of me and my team that I am Pro-active, RELIABLE and innovative. I do specialize in smaller groups available in English, French. But ALL SIZE GROUPS can easily be arranged as well as transportation. Quick FRIENDLY and ATTENTIVE replies guaranteed. FAST and SIMPLE booking offering easy PAYMENT solutions. I have an IMPECCABLE REPUTATION, courteous, service-oriented and efficient problem solver. My goal is to make sure you have the BEST experience possible. My name is Andre Saint-Amant, the only agency specializing in PRIVATE tours.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Just discovered a part of town I did not know about!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was invited to participate in a discovery tour of an old downtown Montreal neighbourhood. I would never of gone in that area by myself as it has a bad reputation and I would have no reasons to go there.

Our guide Andre Saint-Amant made us discover this area full of history, anecdotes and avant-garde art. Andre is very passionate and knowledgeble about the city. His sense of humour and simplicity made us feel very comfortable and all questions asked where answered.

I'm looking forward to do another tour with André and I do recommand him for any visits in Montreal.

2 Thank Colette F

Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful Tour with André Saint-Amant, on Saturday, April 26th.”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I had family visiting from out west and they already knew the down-town area and all major attractions so this was not their first visit to Montréal. Our request to André was: can you show us something we do not know and that is not not too long (max 3hours), easy to get to and also mostly flat (we're not spring chickens anymore...)

He mentioned a new tour that he was working on and we decided to do that one with him.
So he suggested a meeting point at a metro station downtown and he was waiting for us.

We had a lovely visit walking around a beautiful area east of the downtown core, full of history and suprises. It was a pure delight.

His preparation was excellent and we really enjoyed it. He also had many visual aids to illustrate his comments.

I strongly recommend André and will not hesitate to contact him again if I have need for a tour guide

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Denise J
Pincourt, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Jane Walk Montreal, Ville Marie”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

this was a two hour walking tour of the Ste Marie area of Montreal guided by Andre Saint Amant.

These walks are in honor of Jane Jacobs, an activist on urban development.
This was very interesting, Andre is very enthusiastic about his district and had an enormous amount of knowledge of the history.
the tour was well organized, with a stop for coffee at a local coffee shop where the owner decorates wit hhis own art, mostly metal sculptures.

2 Thank Diane W
Andre S, Owner at Excursions Montreal Private tours by Andre Saint-Amant, responded to this review, 5 January 2016
Sorry for the delay in answering, it took me a while to figure how to answer reviews and then I got very busy, thanks to YOU.
Merci,
Zürich
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Montreal, Ville Marie, Sainte-Marie: artistic historic and green”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Due to a special circumstance, I had a privilege to have a private tour with Andre Saint-Amant. We had only visited a small part of Montreal: Ville Marie - Sainte Marie
Indeed, this part is loaded with historic sites, artistic areas and green alleys within down town.
Andre is very professional, after the guide, I have impression having read the whole book. He explains things and walked me through the area with enthusiasm. Very organised and punctual, he cares about his guest, which makes the visit very enrich and interesting.
Of course, other attractions in Montreal are plenty, Andre would be an excellent guide in case you need a private tour. Contact is his whole name at bell dot net

2 Thank edelweiss_ZH
Bonjour edelweiss,

I remember this day as if it was yesterday, it was pouring rain and I had the Gene Kelly's "I'm singing in the Rain" and there you were!! You deserve the 5 stars as well.

Merci,
Ventura
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Montreal Driving/Walking Tour by Andre Saint-Amant”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

For a recent visit to Montreal (March 19-20, 2014) we looked for an efficient way to sightsee in the limited time we had. Walking - too cold, and bus tours - mixed reviews, led us to take a comprehensive private tour of the city with the licensed guide, Andre-Saint Amant. Andre was an excellent guide in every respect. He answered our e-mails in a timely manner, designed a comfortable 4 hour tour and provided us with knowledgeable tips to restaurants and other information that made our short visit very enjoyable.
After Andre picked us up in a van with a driver at our downtown hotel, we drove in a light snow/rain past the Chinese quarter for a drive along the St. Lawrence River and Quays to the historic city center in Old Montreal. Then, we walked through Vieux Montreal. Andre guided us through 350 years of history as he pointed out historic monuments and places including the Notre Dame Basilica, which we toured. A look inside the ancient Bank of Montreal, a photograph in front of the City Hall, and walking along Saint-Jacques and Saint Paul streets, were other highlights of this area where we particularly enjoyed seeing and photographing the ironical sculptures in plein aire.
Following this invigorating walk, we had an opportunity to warm up inside the van as we traveled through downtown Montreal past McGill University for a stop at the Olympic Stadium Tower, which shows the city skyline from an unusual angle. Our journey continued past Lafontaine Park and the St. Joseph Oratory to a lookout on Mount Royal where one could see the city from above.
To conclude the tour, Andre guided us through the Interior City where we had an opportunity to see how the citizens of Montreal escape the extreme cold by walking/shopping through miles of underground shopping malls. Emerging from this maze in the Promenades Cathedral underground shopping mall, we learned that the mall was constructed directly under the Christ Church Cathedral, which we also had an opportunity to view! During the short walk back to our hotel, Andre recommended a restaurant across the street for dinner and informed us of the best way (through another underground tunnel) to enter the Place de Arts where we had tickets to attend an evening concert at the Orchestre Symphonique of Montreal.
From this experience, we recommend without reservation that anyone interested in seeing Montreal by private tour, contact Andre-Saint Amant. He was very willing to discuss options and costs.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank RSELIGER
Bonjour RSELIGER,

You are my first review and I never had the time to thank YOU for the wonderful comments throughout. I do apologize for the delay and rest assure that I am very grateful for this.

Sincerely Merci,