“Price, location, staff~ great... Building- rooms, hallways~ need work!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Villa

Hotel Villa
Ranked #117 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
A TripAdvisor Member
“Price, location, staff~ great... Building- rooms, hallways~ need work!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2005

I stayed with a friend at this Hotel for New Years Eve Weekend. Upon arriving, I was shocked to see that the pictures online depicted something very different in my mind. When we were brought to our room, we were a little dissappointed with the appearance. The walls are very plain, and the tv doesnt come in very well. Also, the hallways and stairways had about 5 different types of carpet... it was as if they ran out of the kind they were using half way up the stairs- a new color for every floor. It looked somewhat "ghetto". Although the room wasnt what I had in mind, it was ALWAYS spotless and immaculate- the bathroom especially which is ofcourse a GOOD thing.

Never-the-less, my friend and I- being college aged young women, were not there to enjoy the room and the tv. All we needed was a place to crash after hitting the clubs and drinking all night. The location was absolutely SUPERB!! It was right in the middle of all the hottest clubs, bars, and so on- so it was extremely difficult to get lost (even if intoxicated lol) Also, the staff- the owner and his wife (I believe) were extremely pleasant and helpful!

The hotel was cheap- considering the nights I stayed (one of the most busy weekends)- $85 a night. I got what I payed for as far as the room goes... but as far as location and staff, I got far and beyond more then what I payed for. A great first timer (in Montreal) experience.

Me and my friend will be returing to Montreal this New Year coming up- and will probably give good thought on returning to this establishment.

• Stayed January 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 January 2004

It was my first visit to Montreal when I stayed at the Hotel Villa de France. It was inexpensive and such a pleasant surprise. The hotel is right in the middle of everything... on rue St Catherine, close to vieux Montreal, and the Contemporary Arts Musee. I was also able to get cheap transportation to and from the airport and hotel. The best part of my experience staying at the Hotel Villa de France was that the hotel owner was very sweet and the place was extremely clean (I had an en-suite bathroom). No phone, tv or alarm clock... but who needs that when everything is great!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member