“Terrible staff service.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #106 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Terrible staff service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Worst travel experience with my family in Montreal. When we checked in the hotel around 4:30 the afternoon, we noticed the bathroom light had trouble working, so we requested someone to fix it. Then, we left for dinner, as we returning around 11 we were expecting the light being fixed already. But, NO! So we asked why is there no one fixing the light. They said because the guy who supposed to fix it had left already. Later, we had to move to three other broken rooms that were given to us. We didn't not accept that offer, so we decided to leave at 12 midnight. (we didn't not stay in that hotel at all) We were told to come back tomorrow morning to get our refund back as no one is suppose to authorized the refund at that time. So, we have to find another hotel to stay. Next day, we returned to the hotel, we asked the staff to refund the money that we already paid for the unsatisfied room. They refused and gave us a very bad attitude. They were unfriendly. Especially, Staff and Manger is not well trained, they cannot provide any help to you. Do not recommend this hotel to others. Worst time ever staying in hotel!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Billy C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel is located only a few minutes walk away from the Metro station "Place des arts" in a skyscraper with 16 floors. The rooms are very spacious and provided two double beds. Even though the hotel is located next to a main street we hardly heard any traffic noise in our room in the 14th floor. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Bathroom and the room itself were clean, though the carpet and the bath were a bit worn off. Breakfast was served as buffet and was very rich, but contained lots of sweet cakes and little decent food. Laundry facilities are available. The rooms have airconditionning and the windows cannot be opened. All in all, the place is good value for money and can be recommended if you are looking for functional accommodation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had the worst experience ever living in McGill University New Residence Hall. Today when I went back to the hotel at 11:10 pm, I was told that the power went off in the whole downtown area and the elevator could not be used. I asked the front desk if there is anything they could do since I am on the sixteen floor. They told me that there was nothing they could do and they do not know who long it was going to take for the power to come back. Then I waited in the lobby for 10 min and finally decided to climb up to my room. When I reached the 16th floor, the safe guard in the hotel accompanied several other guests arriving on the 16th floor by using the service elevator!!! I asked that why I was asking the front dest and waiting in the lobby for 10 min but no one never ever told me that I could use the service elevator!!! The safe guard man told me that he was new and all front desk people (three of them) were new that they did not know the guests could use the service elevator when power went off. There is only one person in the hotel know about the service elevator. BUT why did not they contact the person or the person let them know?!!! It is totally ridiculous! I still remembered the first day (Aug 4th afternoon) when I arrived the hotel at 6:00 pm and I was told that the room I reserved was not available. I had to wait for half an hour so they could do the room service. It is 6:00 pm in the afternoon! I would not mind it so much if the power off thing did not happen. But now these two things added together made me feel very very very unpleasant.

In addition, the continental breakfast here was very bad, only cheep sweet bread, coffee and water boiled egg. The hotel is not clean either.

I wish these kind of things will never happen to other guests.

Room Tip: Just do not book this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MaryR4072JF

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Halifax Region, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here over the weekend everything was great other then getting hassled by security every time we arrived, We understood though as it was the weekend of Osheaga so there was plenty of partiers trying to get in. My only issue is that I have left an Ipod containing some extremely important documents in a drawer, I have called a few times and they keep saying that House keeping will check. Im not questioning that this is the case but Id rather have someone just run up and check which does not seem like a big deal, Im sure the room has already been put together, im sitting by the phone praying to hear back. *Fingers Crossed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We love stay at this place, great Location, Great breakfast compare to the place that I stayed brfore, Clean, and nice people. The best summer accommodation ever.
We can, compare it with Hotel. But it's the best place to stay

• Stayed July 2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms are tidy, the location's great and the staff is friendly. The furniture are a bit worn, but considering the price the rooms are kept in a decent shape. The breakfast is good, but has a limited variation. The free wifi is working excellent. I would recommend this place.

Stayed July 2014
Welland, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed with my niece and sister-in-law for a girls 4 day weekend getaway. The room was nice, beds very comfortable, friendly staff and good continental breakfast. Loved the location. Lots of walking which is good to burn off all of the good food that you eat in Montreal. Had a nice view of Mount Royal and the university area. Fairly good underground mall with a supermarket. I would definitely stay again. Good value for your money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends