“Don't order the veal sweetbreads!”

Chez Sophie Montreal
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Sophie Montreal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #143 of 5,855 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$11 - US$56
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had high expectations because of the reviews and the meal started well.
Soon after we sat down we were given pizza bread with mortadella, which was unusual and very good. My wife's appetizer was shrimp rolls and mine was snails with gravy on bread, both were good. We were then given a cold pea drink to cleanse our palates and if you like raw pea juice it's great. The problems started with the main courses. My wife ordered the black cod special and she likes to easily peel back the skin. It was slightly under-cooked so she couldn't. When I ordered my sweetbreads, I was told that they were crispy. Not only was this not so, but they were so under-cooked that I sent them back. The result was still under-cooked but I gave up and ate around the edges.
We ended with dessert, and I ordered the Vacherin which was definitely low calorie. Three of the other desserts had pistachios.
A minor annoyance was the wine by the glass. They only had 2 reds and they were both Italian table wines.

2  Thank MaxDKO
There are newer reviews for Chez Sophie Montreal

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Excellent experience from A to Z… excellent wine selection and deserts to die for… Thanks Sophie for sharing your love and all the best !

3  Thank Sami K
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were VERY pleasantly surprised with this restaurant. Great food, good ambiance even though we sat on the patio...

if there is only one thing they can improve on, it is taking their time.. we felt that they we were in a bit of a hurry to take our order even though I mentioned to them that we like to enjoy our bottle of wine before the main dish is served...

Other than that, it is truly a great restaurant...

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Stumbled upon this treasure by chance on a family vacation.
Food, atmosphere and service were wonderful. Recommend to all friends and family!

3  Thank Deb B
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had lunch yesterday at this new restaurant. We sat on the terrace very pleasant. We had a very good endives salad as starters. I had a nice salmon filet very tasty and my friend had rigatoni chipolata mascarpone very good. I don't like desert but my friend had the panna cotta with strawberries and it was delicious. The service was great and I will definitely go back

4  Thank Jacqueline11