Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
LHotel(Montreal)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Bonaparte(Montreal)
  • Breakfast included
2,322 results
All reviewsevening receptiondrink ticketsgreat locationcocktail hourliving roomfull kitchenfree breakfastjacuzzi tubconvention centerold townpresidential suiteseparate showerpalais de congresshower stallnotre dame basilicahuge bathroompull out couch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We got a great rate and we were walking distance from Notre Dame and the Old Port. Breakfast was a little hectic - crowded no matter what time or which day, but good selections. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Check with the desk about construction next door - they start at 7am on Monday!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed for 4 nights and was extremely impressed from start to finish. All of the staff, from front desk/concierge to restaurant staff and room staff were helpful and pleasant.
Room was very nice, well equipped with a separate bedroom and a kitchen... and a larger bathroom than some hotel rooms I have stayed in. Fixtures were modern,clean and well equipped. Hotel is one block from Notre Dame Basilica and Old Montreal and across the street from a Metro subway stop. The 2 complimentary drink/free munchies coupons each night (per person) and the complimentary breakfast was great. Even if the restaurant was busy you could take your meal up to the room and carry on with the day. I will definitely visit this hotel on the next trip.

Room Tip: Rooms with a kitchenette have dishes, microwave, full fridge, freezer and dishwasher. Ask for a higher room if possible and you get a little less noise from the main road. Rooms have windows that open for good ventilation.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel is located in the middle of all the action in Montreal, it is clean and the price is reasonable. The breakfast area was overcrowded, but the complementary food was of good quality and variety. Our room was more than adequate for two. Our friend couple got a suite, quite convenient for our late night party. I would definitely try to stay here during my next trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 22 April 2014

It was very busy in the breakfast room, and we had a hard time getting breakfast. The coffee was empty and it took awhile of going back and forth before we got some, and most of the buffet was empty too. Very difficult when trying to get a quick breakfast with a toddler. The breakfast was the main reason we chose the hotel so very disappointed. There was also no hot water in the morning - it was actually ice cold so no showers for us! I would have rated this hotel as 'very good' before our morning experience with the water and the breakfast!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I've been fighting myself on should i write a review or not for this hotel that i stayed with two weeks ago. Well here i am with my experience and what i want to share with about the hotel. The location I thought would be great being that it is in the middle of old Montreal and Chinatown and directly across the street from the convention centre. Well it wasn't so great being noisy with automobile traffic in front of the hotel with the cars, trucks, delivery trucks slamming their lift gates everyday and garbage pickup all right in front of the hotel so if you have a room facing the street side as i did you will hear it all! In my Hhonors profile i always ask for a high floor room and since this hotel has at least 17 floors all they can give me was the 3rd floor?! My profile also states away from noisy areas such as ice machines and there i was, across the hall from the ice machine room! There is some kind of remodeling or construction going on at the property but the staff never mentioned any of this and that it would be an inconvenience to the guest. The construction vehicles during the day are always in the same driveway that accesses the parking garage gate so you have to maneuver around the vehicles and the workers to get in and out of the garage! And speaking of the parking garage, it is underground but it is completely filthy down there. All the cars are covered with a layer of dirt probably from the construction that is happening on the property. Overnight my car was not left alone clean, that shows me they have a big ventilation problem on their property! On the first night my wife could not breath well and we had to get her allergy medication to control her breathing and sneezing. The dust on the property does not help but being that we paid with a non refundable rate we were stuck with this situation for 3 more nights! Another critical area that needs to improve is the restaurant experience. The breakfast experience is a complete nightmare, the buffet style offerings were not tasty. Scramble eggs were luke warm and drippy wet, not fluffy and hot the way it should be. Pancakes tasted like they were frozen heated up for masses to eat! The whole food station setup was awkward and a mess! There is only 1 regular coffee urn so at breakfast time especially on the weekend empties fast and when i told the waiter/busboy about it being empty he responded curtly to me that a replacement was coming! How rude to speak with any guest like that! There were no supervisor/manager around to see how horrible the restaurant was being operated so I could not complain to anyone at the time. Front desk experience was a hit or miss, depends who was helping you, the less helpful...you know who you are! The concierge was always less than friendly, not one "Bon Jour/Hello" to us everytime we walked by them over a four night stay! The few bright spots of the hotel were the bartenders being attentive to the customers and our drink needs. The hotel cleaning staff were also warm and friendly and a "Bon Jour" everytime we come face to face in the halls, i cannot say the same for the restaurant staff! Hotel management needs to correct these issues for me to recommend this hotel to anyone here in the USA. The truth hurts but hopefully some good can come out of this review for future guests.

Room Tip: If you HAVE to stay here get the higher floor rooms away from the street level noise. I was on the 3rd floor and you can hear almost everything going on down on the street!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple