“Close to Old Montreal”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal
Ranked #29 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Picked this hotel because it was conveniently located between the train station & the cruise terminal. Our train arrived late but not only was the Front Desk personnel waiting for us, they gave us an upgrade from a non-suite to a King Suite. The room was wonderful. The bed was really comfortable. Everyone was so nice! I had some difficulty getting wifi so I asked at the Front Desk & they explained what I needed to do. It was just a short walk to Old Montreal & Notre Dame. Breakfast was very good, too. Although the dining area gets more crowded the later you go. Check in & check out just took minutes.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal

Reviewed 20 July 2014

An amazing hotel! Great service and ambiance! This is such a great value - suite accommodations, a full breakfast and complimentary cocktail hour - all for an incredible price! The location is ideal - near the Old Port and with the metro just around the corner...very easy to park your car and leave it for your stay. I would highly recommend Embassy Suites in Montreal for your next visit there!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This location is a big plus for this hotel. Front desk was super friendly and helpful. We had a suite room on the 10th floor.Lots of room and comfortable bed. Room was a little worn,though. Needs some TLC. Breakfast was pretty good. Omelet was fixed to my liking and the other food items were good. Would stay there again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rick N
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We faced the construction site and did not appreciate to be waked up at 6 a.m. by drilling sounds on our first day of holiday. As we found out later, officially the work was supposed to start at 7 a.m. which also was too early for us. It would have been nice if the hotel would have informed us about it while we did a booking. Otherwise the hotel was good. They could improve their breakfast adding some veggies to the buffet. We cut our stay short and moved to the next location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank reesepp
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We enjoyed this hotel while in Montreal, we actually had two suites, one of which was the presidential suite that was really nice, and our suite was nice as well just not as large. We had breakfast included and happy hour every evening, both of which tended to be very, very busy. I guess if you plan your timing right you will be ok, but it seemed from one day to the next the busy time changed. The breakfast was decent, there was certainly enough to pick from but they did run out of food often. Happy hour was very nice, but one night they actually ran out of beer which is pretty unusual. All in all I would recommend this hotel mostly because of the great location, but for the nice people who worked there as well and the nice perks.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Over the last 12 years I have traveled to Montreal quarterly. Most of the time it is 100% business, so I stay at the Hampton Inn in Dorval. However, once a year I take along my wife who prefers a centre-ville location. The Embassy Suites-Montreal suits the bill perfectly. The split living room/bedroom arrangement works well when I have to awake for business in the morning before my wife wakes up. The lobby breakfast buffet with the eggs-to-order works out very well. Tho we don't usually eat dinner in the hotel the food has been just fine on those few occasions when we have. Overall quality of the hotel, food and staff are first rate.

Best of all is that this hotel, located on Rue St. Antoine, is precisely on the dividing street between Old Montreal and the modern business/shopping area. This places shopping and 20 or so fine restaurants within an easy 10-15 minute walk.

And that is why my wife insists on this ES when we visit Montreal.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed one week for the SPIE conference in June 2014. Check-in was fast and easy, and I was given coupons for two free drinks per night at the hotel reception. The room was fantastic, featuring two large water bottles, a large refrigerator, and two flat-screen televisions. I had plenty of closet space with three separate closet areas. The bathroom featured a Jacuzzi tub as well as a small walk-in shower. Breakfast was always tasty, featuring local breads and cooked-to-order omelets. My only regret is that I couldn't take my wife on this trip!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business