“Location, Location, Location”

Ranked #28 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
atlanta
“Location, Location, Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We booked here based on TA reviews and location. One can walk to old Montreal, Notre Dame, and many other areas. The Place d'Armes metro stop is just across the street. Note: for US travelers, the Metro automatic ticket machines only accept credit cards with chips in them (or $ CA, of course).

We arrived early in the morning from a cruise and were able to securely store our bags while we went on a bike tour. When we actually checked in, we were pleased to see how large the room was and it had ample closet space. Two bottled waters and a couple of apples awaited us in the room. Nice touch. Our daughter said the sofa bed was comfy. The bathroom is HUGE but the stand up shower was quite tiny. For ladies, shaving legs in the small shower is a challenge so perhaps try the large Jacuzzi tub.

We had two TVs, a desk area, a kitchenette with fridge, microwave and small coffee maker. Surprisingly, there was no room safe. This was a very quiet room - we barely heard any noise.

The afternoon reception can get quite busy so get there early if you want a table. Service can be spotty - one evening was great, the next, we were ignored for a long time and finally had to flag a server down. The snacks were the same each evening: veggies and dip, chips and salsa, fruit, and snack mix. Breakfast also gets crowded fast so plan accordingly for a table. It's fairly basic, with eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, fruit, etc. But it's a nice perk that is included in the stay.

We would definitely stay there again if visiting Montreal.

Room Tip: Room 515 is very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank isabill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Very good hotel middle of downtown Montreal, handy near old Montreal. Only negative is that they charge for Internet use in rooms, which is rather last century!! Service was very good. Staff very friendly and competent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Somerville, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed here recently with a group of bachelorettes. The hotel is in a great location and within walking distance to most attractions in Montreal. The rooms are luxurious with comfortable, clean beds, jacuzzi tubs, and all the amenities. There's a happy hour where guests receive tokens for 2 free drinks, and also a full breakfast in the morning that's included with the stay. Parking is $26 per night.
There were a couple of issues which detracted from our stay here. One minor annoyance was the elevators. They were incredibly slow and it was impossible to locate/use the stairs. We tried once to use the stairs and ended up outside.
The other issue which was the most concerning was the staff. We were lied to on multiple occasions. First, being told that we could connect an unlimited number of wireless devices if we purchased wireless for the room. We had a couple people connect their phones, and then others were told to purchase the "upgrade" because the maximum number of devices had been connected.
We asked for them to call us a cab, which they said they would, and we ended up waiting for more than 15 minutes in the lobby before we just went out and found cabs ourselves.
The worst part was at check-out when all of the extraneous charges had been added to our bill. Even after I asked someone to walk me through the charges, they still didn't make sense. I also paid for the parking in cash. A few days later I looked at my credit card statement and found that they had charged parking for 1 room. I called to let them know I paid in cash, and they were very rude on the phone, insisting that one parking space was paid for in cash, while the other was not. I had witnesses who were all there with me and saw me pay, so the only conclusion that could be reached is that the cashier pocketed my cash. Not ok. And what I only noticed after the fact, was that the receipts they had given me for the charges were duplicates from the one room, so I had no proof that I paid both in cash. They eventually refunded my additional parking charge, but it was incredibly frustrating getting to that point.
If I stayed here again, I'd be sure to do my research in advance and not expect them to help with anything. I'd also keep a close eye on my room bill.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joy F
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We spent three nights here. The room was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and had a jacuzzi. For breakfast you can have the usual pancakes, sausage, bacon, muesli, bagels, as well as an omelette to order. The staff are polite and friendly. We also got tickets for free drinks in the bar (2 per person par day), which was more than enough. The hotel is downtown so all the major attractions are within a walking distance. A good choice if you're visiting Montreal.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank mpasnikowski
Québec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Embassy Suites Hotels is the very best hotel I have lived in Montreal. Everything was beyond my expectations! The room was a suite and as I was there for two days, it was really nice to find my way after my work day. In addition, I was close to my meeting place and close to several hobbies walk (Old Port of Montreal Just for Laughs Festival, etc..). The staff is really friendly and it feels fast at home. I will definitely be back for my business, but I also take the opportunity now to go there with family and friends for reference. Go ahead, you will be very well received and would love to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

2 Thank Lucie B
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The staff at this hotel is very helpful but the rooms are small and cramped. Meals (breakfast and happy hour) are included in your stay so the dining area gets very busy. Slow elevators and small lobby make this feel like a value driven hotel. Wi-fi is only free to Hilton Honors Gold members. I saw a cockroach in our kitchen on the last day of our stay which was unsettling. The location is great but the hotel needs an update.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MelyndaSinz
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

While this hotel is in a great location for walking to Old Montreal, Chinatown, and other sites, the breakfast buffet included is awful. The utensils and dishes were dirty, We showed up for breakfast many mornings when no cups for coffee or juice were available. The fruit bowls were empty and for some reason they have no place to bus your dirty dishes, so they stay on the tables until some staff pick them up. The room was small and the tv set was hanging in front of the closet so you could only access half the closet. They were doing construction outside the building 3 floors down and the workers started around 6:30 am. Parking is extra at a cost of $26 a day.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple