“Dont Not Believe The Bad reviews!!!”

All Suite VIP Loft Montreal
St. Catharines, Ontario
“Dont Not Believe The Bad reviews!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2008

This hotel was great! It was a great price and very conveniently located. I go to Montreal quite frequently and this was perfect for what we needed. They were very hospitable. We arrived and were given the room we had chosen. The rooms were clean, and very quaint. You must understand the this is not a five star hilton it is more of a B&B style without full breakfast. All hard wood floors and Ikea furniture. Its is perfect if you want a homey feel rather than starchy sheets and less than comfortable bedding that I was used to from the comfort inn we usually stay at. It is a good way example of Montreal as a whole. There is many resaraunts all in walking distance. You are litterally steps away from infamous St. Denis which is great for shopping. Although the websited claim you can bring dogs they usually do not allow them. However I was travelling with my shih tzu and they allowed her to stay. The hotel was great you are in a great spot to experience all on Montreal. Although parking is not supplied because you are in the middle on downtown. You can go to the parking garage just down Ontario street and park at the Cegep. I think it cost us $9 for and entire 24 hrs which is more than reasonable. Overall Thia was a great hotel. I will definately be goin back.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The add said they allowd dogs but didnt
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Manitoba
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2008

We arrived in Montreal to spend our valentines day at this hotel which seemed very charming in the pictures. I booked it over a MONTH in advance, and upon arrival was told that I did not have a place to stay in their hotel but could go to a hotel around the corner. That hotel was very helpful (apparently VIP does this to them a LOT) but they only had one room (with a shared bathroom - very romantic) and no room the next night, so we were left to fend for ourselves.

The hotel VIP sent us to ( Auberge montreal espace confort) was very helpful in giving us suggestions for hotels to stay at, and helping us find a room. I would recommend them.

In Short, if you want to book a hotel in advance DO NOT BOOK THIS ONE, because it will leave you out on the street and SOL.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank allisonlorraine

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Toronto, ON
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2008

We booked this hotel on Expedia a week before our scheduled arrival (not having read the reviews). Read the reviews later and was a bit unsure about the place. We got into Montreal about 20:00 on Saturday, 09-Feb-08 and went to the hotel. The fellow at the hotel said he had the booking and then told us that we had been transferred to a "sister hotel" around the block. He then proceeed to call the other hotel to make sure they had a room. They didn't..he went into a long explanation to the person on the phone that he had called that morning and reserved a room...long and short..thay had no roooms available (this was all taking palce in French - he didn't know we spoke French also). Finally, he called another hotel around the block and got a room there (I heard him tell the woman that they had an agreement with them for rooms and that we had prepaid. Also said that they would send the payment of $66.00 for the room later). We had paid $98.00 for the night on Expedia. We then went to the hotel around theh corner on St. Denis and were given a room at the back that you enter by going into the basement of the hotel then going outside..the room was small and the shower even smaller but it was clean..the continental breakfast was good and the staff was helpful.

We booked the VIP Suites because it looked kinda different and seemed charming. It would seem that they do this bait & switch a lot. If they really have an agreeent with other hotels in the area and pay less, it would seem that it pays to overbook as they can make money on every overbooking they have.

P.S. The Delta hotel, which is just as central, was available for the same price. Would be a good idea to go there if you want any kind of assurance of a room.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PAPI_TOToronto_ON
alberta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2008

called two weeks before arrival, was to receive email comfirmation that never came
had associate visit the hotel in person to see room and confirm, still nothing in writing, was told i had several reservations at several rates
found deal on line $ 56/night was told to bring prinout of offer and it would be honoured, was charged $ 129 and told there was nothing of ths "luxury" and "quality" for less

found far superior place next day for under $ 100...so checked out
windows in suite did no open, framing around jacuzzi tub was loose and laying on the floor, room was noisy, and breakfast was sad

keep looking there is much better out there

• Liked — not much
  • Disliked — poor reservations and changing rates
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled solo
3 Thank avid_traveller_8
France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2007

we stayed there in Dec07, service was friendly but inefficient. Bed was very comfortable, breakfast was too late for us to take advantage of it as we were there for business and left at 8 am every day before breakfast was available. Microwave oven didn't work, heat required sticking a piece of paper into the switch so that it would work, and we were never able to clarify the delivery of a letter that was expected to be delivered while we were there but didn't show up.
Service was very friendly but hopelessly inefficient.

• Liked — the location and the quality of the mattress
  • Disliked — the service was nearly non existant
  • Stayed December 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank mamanpc
Quincy MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2007

First of all, I am an expatriot Montrealer, so my needs are slightly different than many. I need a clean room in the right part of town and a decent price.

For what we paid, our room was fantastic. We could have stayed in a roadside motel somewhere with commercial furniture, but we wanted a nice campy place with charm, character and style. This place provided exactly that. This is a bed and breakfast without breakfast (at least I didn't see any...)

The room was gorgeous, the bed comfortable and the place very clean. We booked by phone a few hours before heading to Montreal from Quebec City, and had no problems upon arrival other than the fact that the management was gone for the day but left us a number to call for the code to get in and our room was waiting.

The management is as some have said, not up to par with what you will find at a bigger hotel. If you need concierge service, there is none. Parking is a bit of a problem as there is no parking on the street from 7AM to 9:30AM and there are meters during business hours. But that was the only tough part of being here. We should have used the parking lot a block down.

Room heat was adequate, the view, wonderful, the noise level, reasonable considering we had the room right next to the front door.

Would I go back again?? Absolutely. It was a wonderful room for short money in the perfect part of town. Everything is within walking distance including Ste. Denis, Ste. Laurent, Old Montreal, The underground city (Reso) , coffee shops, bars, great food and more.

• Liked — Great decor
  • Disliked — Parking or lack there of...
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank klaatu62
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2007

Before booking with this hotel, I had read all the horrible reviews saying that this hotel always overbooks. I decided to contact the hotel directly to make my reservation and when I called, I asked them if there was any chance of them being overbooked. They assured me that reservation problems only happen when people book through a third party, like Expedia or Travelocity.
I booked their best room for my wedding anniversary.
3 months later, and about 2 weeks before my trip to Montreal, I phoned All Suites to make sure my reservation was still there. I tried for several days but couldn't get through (I kept getting their answering machine, or the phone would hang up on me). I emailed them, since their website says that they will get back to you within 48 hours ... of course, they didn't. Finally, 3 days before my trip, I managed to get through to them and they informed me that they had overbooked (naturally), and that they would be cancelling my reservation. They weren't the least bit apologetic and they actually implied that they were doing me a favour by giving me a 3-day notice.
I had 3 days to find a new hotel but by this point, almost everything was already booked up.

Moral of the story? DON'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!

Stayed October 2007