“No room available”

All Suite VIP Loft Montreal
London, United Kingdom
“No room available”
Reviewed 18 September 2007

This hotel is being refurbished and there was no room available for us so we had to book somewhere else when we arrived. Looks like the place might be nice within a few months but currently a mess and clearly overbooked.

We were able to use internet there to book something else and we were given money for a cab.

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank JPandJen
Cecilerazetti, manager at All Suite VIP Loft Montreal, responded to this review, 25 March 2008
Dear Sir ,

We thank you for Your memo , PLEASE be informed our company bought that Property Recently and made a big renovation to be a 3 stars plus first Class , we do the Grand Opening End of March 2008 ,we will be more than happy tooofer You a reduction of 50 % off with Upgrd room tosee the new Property complety renoved and re design - BE sure we will do our best to be one of the best Place Dowtown Montreal .

Julie Hassun

Montreal
Reviewed 9 September 2007

Same complaint as the previous reviewers: I had a reservation but when I arrived the manager (most likely the owner), Jean Louis Collignon, told me that he did not have a room for me. From reading the previous reviewers, it is obvious that VIP has adopted the policy of overbooking the hotel just in case someone cancels at the last minute.
I want to suggest to everyone that has had the same experience as me to write a letter of complaint to the agency/ website that made the reservation and, more importantly, to the chamber of commerce of Montreal. I believe that a few letters will open an investigation into the unethical business practices of VIP LOFT. VIP LOFT is a liability to the city of Montreal. STAY AWAY FROM VIP LOFT!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed September 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank canadianbacon2007

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 September 2007

My girlfriend and I arrived at All Suite VIP Loft with a receipt confirming booking and deposit payment, only to be told by the manager, Jean-Louis, that he had never heard of the booking company and thus did not have our reservation in the system. He refused to acknowledge that we had already paid the property 10% of what was due to the hotel and turned us away, leaving us without rooms.

This is perhaps one of the most unpleasant experiences I've had booking a hotel online, as I lost out on both accomodation for my planned holiday and the deposit, which the manager refused to refund to me.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank missennui
MANAGEMENTVIPLOFT, OWNER at All Suite VIP Loft Montreal, responded to this review, 8 October 2007
Dear Sir ,

Wesincerely Apologie ,we would like toinvite You one Night free any time You plan tocome back
ref929902
Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 July 2007

Stay here only if you want to risk being left out on the street with no reservation. When I called to book, I was at first told they had no vacancies, but then, over the course of the coversation, rooms somehow started to magically appear. (That should have been my first clue something was amiss!) The guy took all my contact and credit card info and assured me he would send an email confirmation. However, a few days before our stay, still no email. I called to follow up and was told that they were overbooked. WAY overbooked, in fact, by some 20 rooms! The guy made no offer to help me find a new reservation, and when I asked why they hadn't contacted me, he said they had no contact information. I asked to speak with the manager and he said, "You are." When I explained that this was unacceptable, and that I was arriving in less than 48 hours with my wife and two young children (flying in from L.A.) and that I must have a room, he reluctantly said he'd look into finding me something at another hotel. He promised a return call by the next day. That call never came. When I called to follow up, the "manager" was gone for the day and the assistant had no information nor knowledge of our situation. He assured me he would find us something, though by then I had already booked ourselves into Le Meridien across town (a nice place, by the way, with very courteous and professional staff). Ironically, when we were in the cab on our way to the hotel from the airport, the second guy called my cell with a reservation somewhere, but by then, of course, it was WAY too late. I never actually stayed at All Suites VIP, but judging by this experience--and many similar postings on this site--I never will. Nor should anyone else. It's a wonder they're still in business.

• Disliked — The completely unprofessional reservation process
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank SteverLosAngeles
Quebec
Reviewed 20 July 2007

I have booked this hotel through Rooms To Go. Upon my arrival at the hotel, in the middle of the night, I was told that there were no more rooms available, although my booking was done and paid for. I had to relocate in the middle of the night to another hotel, which cost me twice what I had expected to pay initially. No compensation, what so ever, was made by the hotel. Only the hotel concierge was present and the hotel manager was unreachable.

I am still trying to get my booking funds reimbursed... :(((

Alex D.
Quebec

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — customer service
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
3 Thank adropinski
Copenhagen
Reviewed 10 July 2007

The all suite VIP loft is ideally situated in Montreal and that is actually about the only positive I can think of. My girlfriend and I booked this place well in advance but didn't read up on any reviews. A mistake.

Upon arrival the management of all suite vip loft informed us that they were overbooked (now where have i read this before...?) and we were left with the choice of sleeping in a single room or move to a different hotel. Travel-tired we opted to stay and were treated to an almost comical performance when the panicky concierge/manager tried to raise a spare bed. The next day we were moved to the room we paid for. Though the room looked nice, also here we felt cheated:

- Lots of dust and even a booger (with a nasal hair) left in the sink.
- Room was not cleaned during our 2 night stay.
- The doors lock only from the inside, and when we returned from a night out we discovered that our key actually didn't work. The hotel manager appeared very annoyed with us for calling him from his bed to open the door. Clearly our mistake for not having the right key.
- The water temperature of our shower never exceded 15 deg. C
- The place is fairly noisy. Outside noise is to be expected, but there is also a lot of noise coming from the neighbouring room and hallway.

Finally service appears an alien concept and is painfully amateuristic at best (try asking for a taxi order or storing your luggage in a safe place after check-out). Don't stay here.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank fm1
NYC
Reviewed 5 July 2007

We entered our room just as others were leaving. After reading other people's review, it was apparent that the hotel lied to them. We were
not a film crew in need of the room, just a couple from NYC. However,
we found the room to be comfortable except the tacky animal print couch. The noise level is quite high but nothing we aren't used to. It is perfectly located to experience the best of Montreal.
Now for the negative.
-The shower was lukewarm at best
-The guy at the front desk was completely useless with absolutely no problem solving abilities. (Always "I am gonna check on that" with no results/follow up/or apology )
- Yes, they overbooked on us too. However, we were already in the room, so we refused to leave.
- Watch out for the parking next door. The guy is always looking for the chance to overcharge you! Dont pay more than $10-15/day. Once the
guy said to us, "I usually charge people $25" as he stands in front of the sign that says "$10/day".

All in all, a reasonably good and "interesting" experience. Good luck!

Stayed July 2007