“Pasta @ Fast Food.”

Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Plateau Mont-Royal
Neighbourhood: Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed 27 March 2013

It's an good place if you have a small budget in little time to eat. Better for lunch, a quick pasta dinner is also a convenient and decent choice if you are going for fast food. Lots of choices and well cooked. Good prices & service is great.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

I heard some good things about this place. But I really can't see why.. The food is mediocre at best. We tried 4 different pasta dish, and they were all tasteless. The pizza was also very mediocre. Can't really recommend this place. The only good thing is that each dish is around 10$, which is relatively cheap. But i'd say price fits the quality of the dish. Also I noticed the pasta dishes have very very little meat in them, the bolognese must've had 20grams of ground beef total. I will not go back.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

I was somewhat skeptical when I walked into this place with some out-of-town friends. Wasn't aware that it was Italian fast food. Well, we were there, hungry & cold - the place was clean, so we decided to stay.
We went ahead & ordered. Every pasta dish was freshly prepared before your eyes with panache. The 4 of us were served with a smile within 20 minutes.
To my surprise, the concept & price were fast food but sauces & pasta compare favourably with upscale Italian restaurants - and no plastic/Styrofoam here!
We left satisfied for under $45.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Stopped into La Popessa for dinner and had a fettucini alfredo with chicken. I would recommend the fettucini. Simple, good sauce, and quick. Felt I was given a good portion for the price. I recommend the restaurant if you need to have a quicker dinner without sacrificing quality. You can dine in or get take out. The location was also a plus since it was only a short walk to the set of hotels in downtown near old Montreal.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

just never found a sauce i liked there (went about 4 times husband liked it a lot) probably won't be a fifth time