“Horrible Indian Food-Just Stay Away”
Review of Buffet Maharaja

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I am on business trip to Montreal and in Canada for almost a month now...saw an Indian restaurant on downtown so jumped on the opportunity to get a taste....It is the worse Indian food ever you can have on earth...I mean if it is end of the world and dying from hunger then you should consider eating food from here...I went there with my colleagues around 9:45 pm and restaurant is open till 10:30 pm. Everything in the buffet starting from Tandoori Chicken, Naan were cold and tasteless. I had to ask that if we can get something hot then the waiter made couple of fresh naan for us. Everything else was so bad that it was difficult to choose what to have after the salads. When we raised the food quality question we were told it is closing times so that is why the food is like this. When I now see the reviews here, I can relate to it..

PEOPLE JUST STAY AWAY FROM THIS RESTURANT...

2  Thank Mikeymania

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

This restaurant claims to be halal- I sincerely doubt it is, the waiter staff weren't even sure if it was halal or not!
It was empty and the food looked as though it had been out for a while...

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I just got out of the restaurant and had to warn others to stay away.

Firstly I had visited this place in 2008- the food was delicious THEN. I don't know what changed since 2008 but I have nothing positive to say about the place.

The food is bland. Most of the curries have a similar base. The food is definitely not authentic at all. Worst of all, it is NOT fresh. There wasn't a single dish that I liked and left the place hungry. I could not wait for the bill to arrive.

Decor is outdated. Wait staff is friendly. However, I think the place lacked professionalism since I saw a man( maybe upper management) yelling at the staff in their native language- very inappropriate and really spoils the dining experience.

If you are REALLY hungry and just want to stuff yourself with food at a good price, then it is ok. I still wouldn't go here though.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This Indian Buffet has been around for many years but over the last few years it's gone downhill. Still very good value but service and cleanliness is an issue. All the staples are good Butter Chicken , Tandori , Beef Vindalo . Don't have high expectations and you will be pleased

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Our family ate lunch at Maharaja restaurant…ABSOLUTELY the WORST tasting Indian food. What a WASTE of money. While paying, when we told waiter, he smirked and retorted rudely: “everyone has an opinion”—no regret whatsoever. The curries were cold, tasteless, only Matar Paneer was any good. So were Papad & Onion rings. Nans were cold, palak paneer had uncooked palak, even the normal MOST basic potato curry was tasteless. Small Ras Malai balls tasted yucky !!! Pakoras had NO taste. Even first timer would make better tasting food. They ought to send their cooks to India for training. Montreal’eans---go to other Indian restaurants and taste what food should taste.

The credit card machine stopped in between so I asked him why this happened. He looked at it and said-- “No Tip !!!” and I was thinking ‘this guy has guts…he still expects a tip. And for what ?? This is buffett lunch. Tip is given for providing service and is not a right !!!

Maybe their downtown location is keeping them going. They should shut down and stop fleecing innocent public.

1  Thank sanjay g