“Soaking up one of the Mecca’s of Jazz”
Review of House Of Jazz

House Of Jazz
Ranked #1,376 of 6,097 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Passed by this spot off the tour which was 1 block from our hotel. Saturday night jazz. At first their rendition of Prince’s “KISS” was something to forget, but they more than made up for it later. Great ambiance, food charcuterie was good especially the duck. Overall I will try to make it back here again but try to time it with the Montreal Jazz Fest!!!

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Great Atmosphere for any special event. Loved the music, food..everything. Very family friendly. This was a highlight
of a special weekend in Montreal and well worth the trip.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

If you like jazz this place is for you, great decor, big chandeliers hanging, very nice atmosphere, great live jazz music. Service is good, food too but nothing fancy some items pricy small 5oz fillet mignon $40!
They add $10 per person to you bill as a cover charge. We sat at the bar 2 young bartenders gave us good service, very attentive. Over all good experiance. We come back for sure.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere is great... and the music also great... and the service is great... but unfortunately that’s where great ends...
At best dinner was a 4... between the serving size (2 wings and 2 potato skins for $10.00) and the actual quality of the food- I’m sure it came from a frozen box... the half rack of ribs came 4 per the order... the chicken may have been a nice size piece, but was dry like the Sahara... and let’s discuss the deserts... some kind of mealy trio of crème brûlée that had the texture so gritty and grainy I wanted to spit it out... and the brownie... well maybe they should try Duncan Hines for a good recipe....
The best thing I ate here was the cole slaw!!!

Reviewed 2 February 2018

The food was good. I realize my expectations were extremely high, but this was a wonderful lunch experience. I looked forward to having a weekend experience where we could hear live jazz and vibe with the downtown crowd.
The food was good, my husband had the poutine and I had the daily special of Coq du Vin. I would not eat this rich on a daily basis but we wanted the full experience of the Montreal food.
The staff was lovely. Overall, glad this was our first meal choice of the weekend.