“Not impressed”

Restaurant Le Bourlingueur
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Le Bourlingueur is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #573 of 5,852 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: At Restaurant Le Bourlingueur, fish and seafood are among the highlights of this fine eatery, with poached salmon, the house specialty, occupying the place of honour. A visit to this charming establishment in Old Montreal will also "net" a gracious ambiance and a mouthwatering table d'hôte. For those who prefer non-seafood delicacies, other specialties are also available.
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We were traveling with a group and this was a pre arranged dinner. The food served was not what we had chosen from the menu earlier in the day. All in all everything tasted bland, and unseasoned. I feel that since we were a tour group that not as much effort was put into the preparation and service of our meal. Group rate or not, the same care and attention should be given to every customer. If your menu states sausage with potatoes, please serve it that way. If I wanted macaroni noodles, I would prepare them at home. The pork with mustard sauce looked and tasted more like tuna casserole, again with macaroni noodles. When I return to Montreal, I will not visit this restaurant again and cannot recommend it.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Le Bourlingueur

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We ate here two times during our 5 days in Montreal. Our first meal was at lunch. We were somewhat overwhelmed by the clientele. In the back room, was a very large group of noisy youngsters. As we finished our appetizers, we were joined (in the front dining room) by a very noisy group of older French speaking tourists. We have decided not to return for lunch in the future.

The food was tasty both times. You can either order just an entree or for an additional charge, you can get the table d'hote menu which includes soup or salad plus dessert. We really enjoy their gazpacho and they finally had it the second time we ate there. Their baked apple they serve for dessert is tasty as well.

2  Thank luvroma2
Reviewed 4 June 2014

After walking along Rue Saint Paul we decided to have dinner in this French restaurant. And, it appeared it was a good choice. The service was a little slow (but it looks like it is standard in Montreal. I have to add that we live in New York) but nice and polite. The food was good. We ordered an onion soup which was delicious! I ordered grilled salmon which was a little dry but still good. My friend ordered cod which was very good. For a dessert we had crème brulee that was delicious! We ordered a bottle of great red wine Pinot Noir Les Jamelles 2012. The wine was light but smooth and tasty. We really enjoyed our time in this cozy restaurant. The prices were reasonable ($20 - fish, $48 - bottle of wine). I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had a group dinner here, with pre-ordered choices. Many of our group chose the manicotti which was 2 shells with what looked like a processed cheese slice on top. Some chose the sausage, which included 2 links. The soup of the day was a Cream of Parsnip, which was good, bread at our table was good, but apparently some of our group had older bread that tasted rubbery. The dessert of the day was a spice cake which was okay but nothing special.
I had expected a more authentic French meal, but I guess having chosen an Italian item didn't lend well to the experience. It's too bad the French Onion soup wasn't part of our groups' options.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We found this place by just wandering around Montreal and checking Yelp reviews and I'm so glad we picked it! This is a very intimate restaurant and the staff is very nice. Our service was a bit slow, but our waiter apologized for forgetting us by giving us extra wine, which is always a nice gesture. We both ordered beef stew and it was one of the best meals we've ever had; the flavor was perfect and the beef was incredibly tender. Our dessert of strawberries and cream was such a nice ending to our meal and it was overall a wonderful experience. I highly recommend Le Bourlingueur if you're looking for a traditional French meal or you're looking for a romantic dinner.

1  Thank Kevin B