“A consistent winner”
Review of Le Mas des Oliviers - CLOSED

Le Mas des Oliviers
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Montreal, Canada
“A consistent winner”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

An eclectic ambience which reflects Montreal's great diversity . People of both languages and ethnic backgrounds come together to enjoy great food, teriffic service and reasonable prices. Le Mas is home to hundreds of regulars who have been coming for decades. Its very French in the best sense with daily specials for lunch and dinner. The fish soup, the lamb, the rib steak,tuna and salmon are great.

1 Thank Myer B

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Gloversville, New York
“A long-time favorite”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We eat here every time we visit Montreal. The food & service is always great, as is the atmosphere. Nice but warm, not stuffy. Wait staff knowledgeable & friendly. I highly recommend for a French restaurant that's great but not pretentious or overly pricey.

1 Thank Polly H
South Windsor
“Loved the meal and dessert. Service was outstanding”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Went there with a group of 16 business associates. Many of use were very impressed with the service and more importantly the meal. I had a salad and a part of the snails for an appetizer. Both were very good. I had never had snails before. I also had fish soup which was good. For the entree I had the Sea Bass on the potatoes. The meal melted in your mouth. The desserts were awesome! especially the pastry with the ice cream inside. If I make it back to Montreal, I would definitely come back here.

1 Thank gzinn2
Sarasota, Florida
“Excellent food in a great atmosphere!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We had an excellent meal here! We did not have a reservation (Friday night) but we were seated promptly. The service was friendly and casual and the restaurant seemed to be mostly locals. My brother had a ribeye steak with frites which he claimed was the best he's ever had. I had the ahi tuna with vermouth sauce and wasabi potatoes. The ahi was prepared perfectly! Its a cozy restaurant and could be a nice spot for a romantic dinner. Might be a bit pricey for some.

Houston, Texas
“Amazing as promised by all other reviews!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My mother and I came to Montreal on vacation and sought out Le Mas des Oliviers based on the amazing reviews on here. We were not disappointed! As many others have said, we did make a reservation and the place was pretty packed when we ate. It's a tiny hole in the wall and would not be found otherwise but was just the most incredible meal. Le Mas provides lovely snackies (sausages, olives, etc.) and bread upon arrival. Mom and I ordered off the Table D'Hote menu. I got the cream of vegetable soup, Mom got the quinoa salad. Both were really delicious and the bottle of wine was reasonable at $33/bottle. Then, we both got the surf and turf with filet mignon and lobster with veggies. Steak was my favorite and was cooked perfectly. To cap it off, I ordered the chocolate lava cake and it was one of the best desserts I've ever had. All in all, service was polite and friendly and dinner was delicious. Loved ever bit of our evening and I look forward to returning again!