“A gem of a place”

Price range: US$20 - US$41
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: Located in the heart of the Plateau for 25 years, Le Pégase is renowned for its fine French cuisine and a selection of meats cooked to perfection. You can bring your own wine, so ... be your own sommelier and select your favorite bottles!The decor and atmosphere are welcoming and friendly. A romantic evening between lovers or a convivial moment for friends conjugate there perfectly.--In the kitchenThe owner-chef Michael Audet-Laparé is illustrated in many restaurants (Chez Victoire, Le Quartier General, Laurie-Raphaël, Grenadine) before investing in command of Le Pégase. Assisted by Jean-Luc Peyrotes, he applies, every day, to work fine seasonal ingredients on the well-kept cooking and to express his taste for the culinary innovation and the marriages of flavors. In the dining-roomDamien Haennel, associated owner, orchestrates the service and its rhythm with a lightness tinged with twenty years of experience in catering. A good mood and a professionalism which favors the friendly reception of our duet of waiters, Johann and Morgane.
Tel Aviv, Israel
“A gem of a place”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were in Montreal as an extended family celebrating my father's birthday, and our dinner at Le Pegase was a major highlight of a wonderful trip. One of my great pleasures in traveling is getting beyond the usual tourist sites and into real neighborhoods. Le Pegase is located in a rather modest part of the Plateau neighborhood, but a mile or so from more trendy streets. It is real find. Unpretentious, but of the highest quality, all seven of us had a wonderful meal.

The service was outstanding without being formal. (You bring your own alcohol). The menu is somewhat limited, but as a result, we tried items that we wouldn't otherwise. I highly recommend this place.

Pewaukee, WI
“Quaint and delightful”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We took the subway and got off at the Mont Royal station and walked the few blocks to the restaurant. Easy to miss since it is a small quaint old house. BYOB so we picked up a bottle of wine before we left. Dinner was amazing. I would definitely say this is a must-visit if you are in Montreal. The Ravioli appetizer is recommended!

Brooklyn, New York
“Perfect Setting and attention”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I truly enjoyed my experience here. I entered into a small, intimate setting and was pleased by the attention of the wait staff. It was BYOB which we had forgotten but the wait staff was patient as we went next door to purchase a wine for dinner. The courses were delicious and my husband and I enjoyed eating from each other's plates. We chose the Gourmet option and I am glad that we did.

The bread and liver pate was incredible. The appetizers we chose were the scallops and the duck ravioli. Both were very good. We chose the lamb and beef medallion for our meals and were happy with our choices.
Dessert was an apple pie?? (It was ok) and a delicious chocolate cake. I had a wonderful meal experience and would recommend it to everyone.

1 Thank brooklincutie
Portland, Maine
“A must if in Montreal”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Absolutely fabulous dinner here. The service and food were exceptional. Tucked in an old house in Le Plateau (near Mont Royal metro), it was a nice, quiet restaurant. The owner is from Strasbourg and knows his stuff. Best of all, it's BYOB so plan ahead.

Visited July 2014
Windsor, Canada
“Delish!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We chose to eat here after seeing the TripAdvisor rating and were definitely glad we did. The restaurant is a bring your own wine place, so be sure to bring a bottle! We forgot and the proprietor offered to let us run around the corner and grab a bottle. The staff was amazingly friendly and bilingual which was great for us. The food was delicious. I had a mahi mahi dish while my husband had the bison steak. While my fish was good, his steak was one of the best steaks I've ever had! If we are ever back in Montreal, this will be on the top of our places to visit!

• Visited June 2014