“Excellent value!”

Neighbourhood: Outremont
Montreal, Quebec
“Excellent value!”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Beautiful plates! Lovely flavours! Good variety! And the chef was able to accommodate a special request: ie tuna tartare without onions or shallots! Go to Maiki and enjoy! XOXO

“My go to sushi, always amazing! ”
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

I've been going here for over 8 years! I love sushi and maiko sushi has the perfect combination of tastes all wrapped up in a heavenly roll! Love the ambience as well!

Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dear Maiko, Get Over Yourself”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I was basically told by the untrained waitresses at the front that I had to leave because I didn't make reservations for my party of 2 on a Saturday night. They called us "walk-ins" and treated us like we were insane for thinking we could nab a table on a Saturday night without calling ahead. Maiko reality check: You're located in a ghetto strip mall in a low-budget area of the West Island. Just because you play lounge music, doesn't make you elite.

Sushi is good, but not good enough to treat customers who are willing to pay for your overpriced rolls like crap.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank MissMaggie2013
Calgary
“Possibly the best Japanese ever!!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Happened upon this place quite by accident. Was attending a concert on St Laurent and needed to find somewhere to eat close by and a local recommended this place. The service, ambience and especially the food was so far above any other Japanese that I've ever had! It was simply fabulous! Instead of Tuna Tartare they had Tai Tartare....nothing to say other than omg!

• Visited November 2013
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Not enough fish”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

It has been 10 years that I am going to this restaurant.
The quality of the food went down a lot. The rice isn't that good and the worst of all is the quantity of fish inside the sushi rolls!!! I was there yesterday and I got refunded! Inside the kamikaze according to the waiter they have to put only one scoop of fish ! No more table cloths no more candles on all the tables. You have to ask for the warm towels before your meal. The only way that you get more fish inside your sushi is if you order the $15+ specials crazy!
The owner became stingy ! I'll never go back you lost me forever!
It's more a trend than a good sushi place. Even the salmon teriyaki was goo wee

• Visited November 2013