“Very good, fast and cheap.”
Review of Pho Bac 97

Pho Bac 97
Ranked #278 of 5,712 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Soups
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Montreal, Canada
“Very good, fast and cheap.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I went there with colleagues, there were 3 of us. The place is fairly big and we took the last table when we walked in. The décor is a little old but that about the only negative thing I can say about the place.

I ordered my usual "rouleaux de printemps" (cold spring rolls) and a dry noodle dish with pork. My colleagues ordered a large soup and another dry noodle dish. I obtained my spring rolls almost right away, they were fresh, not damp and the peanut sauce was tasty. As soon as I finished my starter, the meals arrived at the table. The speed at which the food arrived at the table was impressive. We all started to eat, it must have been very good as no one was complaining nor talking. I have been there a few times this month and this place is consistent. Very good, cheap and fast. I think my bill came to $11.00 something. Crazy cheap. You can pay with cash, debit or credit cards which is convenient.

Definitely going back.

• Visited June 2014

“Delicious Pho'”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

It is a small place and I almost missed it. I'm in Montreal for a week and staying very near Chinatown. This was my favorite pho' so far. The noodles were real tasty and the broth had great flavor. Definitely worth a stop. Enjoy

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Best pho at a great price.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This little restaurant can be easy to miss as you walk through Chinatown, but it's the best choice around. The prices are very reasonable, and if you get the XL bowl you won't go away hungry at all.

Visited May 2014
Falmouth, MA
“Great Pho in Montreal's Chinatown”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A small hole-in-the-wall serving very good pho dishes. We shared an order of spring rolls and than we each had a medium size bowl of pho, mine with beef and my wife's with grilled chicken. Great slurping and we stuffed ourselves for less than $25.

• Visited May 2014
Montreal, Canada
“THE pho of MTL's chinatown”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Awesome pho. Amicable service. I switch between pho tay ho and pho bac 97. I find pho bac 97 is alot more aromatic with anise, cinnamon and clove flavors in the broth. I get the #5 pho every time. Simply delicious.

• Visited December 2013