“Best Vegetarian Indian - Montreal”
Review of Pushap Sweets

Pushap Sweets
Ranked #383 of 5,852 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Indian
Neighbourhood: Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace
Neighbourhood: Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I love this place. I come here at lease once a month to get my fix of Indian food.

I usually take the Thali. This comes with two veggies and a choice of chick peas or lentils. It's served with rice and choice of non-fried or fried nan bread. Both are great.

The veggies change daily. I have had most of them (eggplant, onions, cauliflower, mixed veg) and they are all fantastic. Sometimes there is a piece of cheese mixed in with the veg. A nice addition.

There is usually a line-up at this place but it goes relatively quickly.

The samosas are famous. Generously stuffed with spices and potatoes and served with a spicy tamarind sauce. You can get a dozen for under $6.00

They do not hold back on spices, that is for sure. That is why I enjoy them so much.

Do not confuse this one with the other Pushap in Lasalle. They are totally different and if you try both, you will see that this one (on Decarie) is far superior to that in Lasalle in all aspects (food and service).

There are newer reviews for Pushap Sweets

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I love Indian food and have had it all over Montreal and South-Shore, Pushap is by far the best and cheapest vegetarian restaurant so far, everything is authentic!...The owner is friendly and always fast at serving his customers.
Highly recommended!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Title says it all. I love Indian food, which was admittedly my main motivation to go India a few years ago. The food served at Pushaps is fantastic and extremely authentic -- nothing has satisfied my tastebuds and wallet like the stuff that comes out of this kitchen! I never look at the menu, I get the thali every time and have never been disappointed. Amazing, tasty and filling dinner for two for under $20...now that's rare in Montreal! Service is fast and efficient but very friendly. Love this place, hands down one of the best restaurants in the city.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I was going to write about Pushap the first time I had dinner there as it was wonderful. Decided to go a second time and then write a review.

Both times were great! We went last Sunday evening around 7:30. As it was kind of late to eat heavy we decided on Pushap. I think one of the best ways to judge an ethnic restaurant is to how many diners are of the same ethnicity. This is a tiny restaurant off the beaten track. Word of mouth is their form of advertising.

The restaurant was filled and there was a short line up for the restaurant, and a longer one for the take out.

The food was delicious. This time the service was a little slower than last, probably due to a full house.

What amazes me more than anything, is the bill at the end of the meal. Where can you find a full meal with tax and tip for $10?

Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

I've been going to this place for almost 20 years now but it has been going down in my opinion.
I've always taken the thali plate whiich is very cheap (6 $) but in the last visits I find everything is too oily and greasy and VERY hard to digest.
I can just imagine the cheap oils they use...
The owners/servers are very slow and always seem overwelmed.
The actual restaurant might have been a little renovated but they still dont know how to clean the walls, restrooms, etc...

Vegetarian maybe.