“Very nice”

Ranked #65 of 6,131 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My guide book had recommended, we had a look last night but opted for Boris Bistro a few doors up (that was v good also)..decided to try here tonight and glad we did. Got there on a weds around 830, no reservation and place v busy but table was found. Alot of things I could have had but opted for Endive salad with poached egg, bacon lardons - too much green for me! Why do I order salads when I don't like green?! Husband had gravlax - v nice, both of us had duck confit (v good) with yet more green - arugula (rocket) - what's wrong with peas or green beans? Anyway delicious didn't think we could have a dessert but decided to share the pineapple turniver (it was like a piece of pineapple upside down cake) light as a feather and also v good. 2 cappuccinos and half bottle Cote du Rhone =$138 (with tax but without tip added)....glad we went.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,223)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A bit noisy but great service and even better food. Party of 8 and always attentive service and food came quick and tasted great. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Enjoyed a great late lunch here today. Ambiance is warm and welcoming, service was truly excellent and the food was delicious. I had the salmon tartare entree with the endive and watercress salad with blue cheese, and both were wonderful. A glass of rose was a perfect accompaniement.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Holder was recommended by our hotel ad we enjoyed it. I had fried calamari, which was average, and braised beef cheek, which was very good. My wife had a salad and mussels, which she thought were great. Our desert was a chocolate cake with coffee ice cream. It was outstanding. They are reasonably busy with several families eating that night.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went to Holder after my son's graduation ceremony with a group of six. This was a Thursday evening and the place was packed. Although we had a reservation we had to wait for 15 minutes which was bit of a turnoff. We received apologies from the maitre d'hôtel and it was ok. Atmosphere was noisy and warm at the same time. Good vibe. Service was fast and professional. Food was very good. I ordered Tartare de boeuf with fries and it was delicious. My son had tartare entrée and veal bavette. There was no beer menu. Beer was on the pricey side and very average in terms of quality and variety. Overall we had a wonderful evening. Recommended for groups who wants to eat well. A very good option vs the mass of tourist traps in the old Montreal.