“not in italy but a great ice cream!”
Review of Roberto

Roberto
Ranked #723 of 5,710 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Villeray-Saint-Michel-Parc-Extension
Taormina, Italy
“not in italy but a great ice cream!”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

A long wait, but perhaps the closest to a good ice cream only available in Italy.
Service is lousy!
A long wait which only my son,s persistence, forced us to taste a great ice cream.
If a better management was operating this facility//////////// it would be the ICE CREAM SPOT for Montreal!

• Visited August 2012

Montreal, Canada
“Restaurant an offense to anyone italian, gelati on the otherhand are A1”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Restaurant is not very good. Went twice, both times very disappointed. Rubbery lukewarm scaloppine, and lasagna which was smothered in a over sweetened tomato sauce. "granite"- (smothering w/ cheese and broiling ) didn't save this dish at all... The gelati however are truly fantastic, one of the best in Montreal!

• Visited June 2012
“Food Ok, service not ok”
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

14 of us were in private room, owner greeted us during our wait. He was very nice, he should have served us. We had a miserable waiter called Samuel, really not a patient guy, he was more interested in selling us bottles of wine than serving. Service was very slow and the food was ok, I have had better in Montreal at a cheaper price, we were also given a special menu used for large groups, some of us asked Samuel for other menu used in resturant and he was visibility annoyed to accommodate us. Would not go back.

Montreal
“Just like being in Italy”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Had a Friday meals with friends and family. A nice way the end the week with lots of laughs and food. I found the service to be slow (it took 45 minutes before we could even order) but it gave us time to chat and chuckle. We were happy they gave us the last minute reservation as the place was very busy. All of the pasta dishes were excellent as was the bruschetta, buffalo mozzarella and pomodoro. I had a rosemary-pork dish which was a specialty but I found it to be very bland with some overcooked potatoes underneath. I think I will stick to the more traditional Italian food next time there as we will return!

The desserts were to die for and after eating mine and tasting the others I almost did die of a sugar overdose. By the way.... they have a store downstairs where you can buy many of the menu items. I suggest you pay it a visit and bring some goodies home. Parking was not a problem and the tables offer lots of leg room. Figure about 2 - 2.5 hours for the meal. Price for four including wine and tip is around 200 $

• Visited January 2012
Montreal, Quebec, CANADA
“The BEST PASTA in Montreal”
Reviewed 8 December 2011

This review is for the restaurant on the second floor.
I was there for my birthday. We were 20 on a Saturday night. Even though it was a Saturday and the restaurant was packed... the food, the service and the ambiance were really nice. The whole evening was charming. It is for sure amongst the very BEST PASTA I have ever had. Having been to Italy a few times, I know good pasta... It is the owner's mother's recipe. The sauces for the pasta are creative and well balanced. Over and above they have excellent braised meats on the menu. The prices are very competitive. They have excellent pizza too and the vinaigrette for the salad was excellent.

The owner, greeted us at the entrance and we asked if we could have a drink at the cozy, open concept bar, just as you enter. It was «Yes of course». We waited for the whole group to arrive while having drinks... very nice. The restaurant has private imports from Italy not available in stores in Montreal and one of my favorites is Lambrusco. We proceeded to our table. And again even though the restaurant was full, our table was in a quiet corner and ready on time. All in all the whole experience was appreciated by all the group. I have returned a few times since then and have received the same warm greeting and quality service.

• Visited October 2011