“Delicious Thai fare.”

Restaurant Thailande
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Thailande is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #817 of 5,668 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: St-Urbain
Montreal, Canada
“Delicious Thai fare.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

Delicious food, pleasant and efficient service. The Table d'hôte is your best bet. Wine very reasonably priced.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great service and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

My fiancee and her family brought me to this restaurant last weekend. When she told me that we'd be going for Thai food, I became very nervous because I'm deathly allergic to peanuts. As you all know, Thai food is infamous for the liberal use of peanut sauce and the like, so I worried. We got to the restaurant though, and informed the waitstaff of my problem. They were FANTASTIC about accommodating me and making sure I'd be safe. The vast majority of the dishes on the menu were actually safe for me to eat, but we had to make sure that nothing got cross-contaminated in the kitchen, and the staff here really went above and beyond to ensure this. The food was great too, although I did discover that I don't like lemongrass, and that Thai curry is different than other curries that I'm used to, and I wasn't in love with it. I had the duck, and it was wonderful, as well as a few of the soups. We were a large group, and everybody was happy with their food. It was, however, very expensive. Honestly, I'd never seen a restaurant bill that high. That said, I'd recommend this place for the most special of occasions, and I'd recommend it for a nut-allergic person who needs to be sure that they'll be eating Thai food in a safe and attentive environment.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Andrew F
“Endless wait....not worth waiting for!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012 via mobile

I decided to return to this restaurant, which I had reviewed almost a year ago. The food has bern reasonable but the wait has been endless. I still stand for I wrote before.

1 Thank Amphiraion
Princeton, NJ
“Every bite was delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

Every bite was delicious, great experience. Off the beaten path and well worth the trip from old town Montreal. Table d'hote had a well rounded offering that left us completely stuffed and happy. Service was pleasant, attentive and on the mark.

Toronto, Canada
“Montreal Thai resto that has inspired loyalty in many for long years”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Long before I ever set actually set foot in Bangkok, my wife and I were loyal customers of this place (as have our Montreal work colleagues) and enjoyed it immensely. It's a quiet oasis of darkened glass on otherwise busy St. Urbain as the endless traffic whizzes by. They now have mats to sit on as well, but the tables are fine too, especially if you get one by the window. An extremely comfy and cozy place on a cold winter Montreal night. Thailande Restaurant is probably single-handedly the most important "impressor" for my culinary tastes to open to the Asian palate - - huge credit to them for this. Everyone remembers the first time they have a Tom Yum soup... or the pork satay with peanut sauce. All these remain solid and tasty to this day, as are the hard-working chicken and chili dishes, the green curry and so on. Since Montreal's Asian community is so much smaller than Toronto's, it's really nice to find a go-to place like Thailande and we were fortunate to have it next to our neighbourhood of Outremont. The prices are acceptable, service is generally quite good, so I continue to recommend it to friends.

• Visited March 2012