“Great Steakhouse in Downtown Montreal”

Vargas Steakhouse & Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Vargas Steakhouse & Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #233 of 5,855 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$16 - US$57
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: We are located in the heart of downtown Montreal at the corner of University and Rene Levesque streets. We are steps away from the Queen Elizabeth hotel and a short distance from most downtown hotels. We offer delicious Angus steaks, fresh seafoood, and a terrific sushi bar.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Right around the corner from the Marriott Chateau Champlain and the Hilton is this wonderful steakhouse. My friend had the steak which she said was perfect and I had the fish which was wonderful as well. The food came out quickly and was the right temperature. The waitstaff was attentive, the only thing we needed to ask for was the check.

There are newer reviews for Vargas Steakhouse & Sushi

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Strongly recommended, great choice of food of excellent food on top of very friendly and professional service.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I am late writing this review. My boyfriend and I were visiting Montreal during the last week of December 2013 (right after Christmas). He selected this restaurant to celebrate a special milestone birthday of mine and made reservations ahead of time. It was a wonderful choice because the food and service were excellent (PASCAL was our waiter and he was really congenial and attentive). The prime rib and steak was great along with the other food items. The decor and restaurant ambiance were lovely and modern and all the staff were friendly. The restaurant staff and other people dining sang Happy Birthday to me when Pascal brought out the piece of cake with a sparkler lit on top of it. It was an extra-special occasion due to the wonderful experience we had at Vargas.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stopped by with no reservation before a hockey game. We were seated right away and received attentive, professional service throughout our meal. Onion soup was a bit bland for my taste, but the steaks were of high quality and were grilled perfectly which is what really matters at a steakhouse.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Arrived late in Montréal, tried at another place just across first but they had no tables available for one person only and I was too tired waiting (or eating) at the bar for 30 to 45 minutes. I had been given the Vargas as an alternative and I was very positively surprised !

The salad arrived very quickly and so did the meat - I really enjoyed the meal with a glass of wine and sitting at the window it was also some fun watching the cars and people fighting the snow outside ... The staff was very attentive and always came to fill-up my water glass, empty dishes were removed very quickly.

I shall return in any case to this place which was very near to my hotel anyway.