“Computer pours beer, not waitress”

Brasserie Des Rapides
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie Des Rapides is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #824 of 5,775 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
montreal
“Computer pours beer, not waitress”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

About a month ago a couple of friends and I went over to Brasserie Des Rapides in Lasalle, Quebec. I noticed that they were having a special on Ricard's Red beer so I ordered one. When the waitress brought me the beer it looked like someone had already taken a few sips from the glass. I summoned the waitress and showed her my glass and asked her if she couldt top it off. She said she couldn't because the pull pump is hooked up to a computer which automatically pours a pre-determined portion. My question is this: If the computer pours a pre-determnined portion, why can't it pour a portion that is fair to the customer and not to the bar. There is a joke that goes something like this: A patron once told a bar owner that he could double the amount of beer he sells. Interested, the bar owner asks how. The patron replies, "Just pour full glasses".

Visited February 2013
2 Thank gerry g

Montreal, Canada
“Terrible service!”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I agree....don't bother!
Yes, it is a bar and they serve bar food....I can deal with that...but do the waitresses have to be so rude? They typically have the attitude of...don't bother me and order fast that I am busy...that is if they come to your table. OK, I won't bother you anymore!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Iossy
montreal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great first experience”
Reviewed 16 September 2009

Food was great, service was excellent.
Going back for sure, probably on hockey night!!!

1 Thank bigdan1984