“Good Food but a Lousy Waitress and Service”
Review of Alex H Restaurant

Alex H Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Alex H Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,259 of 5,928 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace
Cross street: Avenue de Clifton
Reviewed 4 October 2013

As always the food was interesting, well prepared and tasty but after experiencing good service and pleasant wait staff the last visit was rather different.

She was surly and abrupt and rather unpleasant.

We waited a long time for our food and she was certainly not happy dealing with the situation. If I go into the kitchen to ask it won't help the situation, she said when asked.

Given our previous experiences at the restaurant we will go back and just hope the waitres has her night off when we go.

1  Thank SteveKMontreal

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We were 4 and we very much enjoyed the meal.
As a starter I ordered the aubergine which with a salad could have been the main course..very tasty and the salad was plentiful and also good.
The men enjoyed the escargots and the bison.
The foie de beau was wonderful but the Carrie of veal was the least enjoyable.
We had a very vivacious waitress and efficient also!
Enjoyable meal!

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Overall, this is a good restaurant. However, a few small issues--the salad included beautiful crisp greens and lovely grape tomatoes, but the dressing was a little too vinegary--was unable to finish the last third. The grilled veal chop was beautifully seared, but still bleeding on the inside. The sides were good, but very skimpy--the meat dominated the plate. Atmosphere and prices are good. Great place to go with friends and the BYOB means you can enjoy a decent wine without having to pay an inflated price for it.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have often wanted to dine at this restaurant. I have heard only positive comments about its cuisine. Last Friday, my wishes came true and my friends and I celebrated an upcoming birthday along with a new job.

We each chose a different dish and then shared a morsel of each other's. My dish was the nut encrused salmon, cooked to perfection. One friend had the filet mignon which melted in your mouth and the other the beef, equally tender and tasty. Each dish was mouthwatering! The whole evening was so enjoyable, we've promised to return.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

The place itself isn't very chic but there is a cosiness to it. Enjoyed the fact that its a BYOW, helps a lot with the bill when you are a few people that drink. The food was really delicious and the service impeccable. Waitress made us feel really welcome and our glasses were never empty. I had the steak and it was really well marinated, tender and cooked just the way I ordered. The prices were really fair and didn't leave my wallet feeling sad.

1  Thank Dig M