“Good poutine”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A popular spot for poutine. I had the three amigos. It was filling and good. The classic is also popular. A busy place. Only accept cash or debit.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,462)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is famous for a reason! Freshly cut fries, tasty gravy, and melty cheese curds. I went with the original recipe poutine with smoked meat on top. Definitely an eye opening experience! Beware though, there will be long lineups for both eating in and takeout. But it is worth the wait!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went to La Banquise immediately after I checked into my hotel...at around 11pm. It was absolutely PACKED with locals, which is how you know it's good. The staff, like most/all locals in Montreal, speak fluent English and French. You do pay once you order though, even if you eat in (which is totally fine). The poutine is a LOT and you definitely could/should split with someone else. I got the Classique (it was my first poutine) and really enjoyed it. The fries were crisp and the gravy, which I don't usually like, was almost more like a marsala sauce. It was delicious! It was recommended to me by a few locals and I'm so glad I went.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Always ready for a good poutine at La Banquise.. great choice of restaurant also after a good night at the bar! Love the fact that it is 24h. Big choice of poutine.. there is one for everybody!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The line moves very quickly so don’t worry when you see it. We decided to go traditional and the poutine was really good. Compared to Poutineville, this place is overpriced for the amount of food they serve you. Their sauce, however, is better than the one at Poutineville.