“OMFG”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Cross street: Charlevoix
Toronto, Canada
“OMFG”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Clearly on a different level than most other restaurants. Try the foie gras double down...then maybe try it again. It's that good. Also had Lamb pappardelle, amazing. Also the rabbit sausage, was huge and delicious

Visited August 2014

• Polish first
Lexington MA
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This is the quintessential restaurant in trendy Montreal. My sister snagged a reservation weeks ahead of our trip and boy were we grateful. The restaurant was fully packed at 9.30 but we got a charming corner booth perfect for the four of us. The entire menu is hand written on a chalkboard and it was chock full of interesting items. We had the waiter explain almost every dish and he did so with enthusiasm and patience. Everything we ordered was delectable and memorable--foie gras, rabbit sausage, cote du boeuf. We brought everything home in doggie bags for second meals the next day. I highly recommend this lovely restaurant for anyone who is adventurous or if you just love meat :-)

Seattle, Washington, United States
“2nd best resteraunt in my book as far as good goes”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Joe beef
menu in French only but wait staff very helpful in English.
Must haves:
-Bloody Mary- an absolutely must. comes with an oyster, a clam, veggies and spicy salt

-Smoked meat (appetizer)- small and amazing

-Radish butter and ham on toast (appetizer)- sliced radish on ham soaked in butter pesto over toast

-trout with bacon- phenomenal piece of fish with the thickest piece of bacon covered in more butter than one should eat :)

We also had the rabbit sausage, lobster pasta, and one of the lamb dishes. Sausage was my 2nd favorite.

All greens are grown in back.

Look for the buffalo.

boston
“I had so much expectations.. And it turned out to be so blant”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I had quite a few people tell us to go and have dinner and at Joe as it was an institution an it was great.
I would say.. The waitress was great. What a character!.
The menu is on a black board... At least on the side we were sitting at. Hard to read. The wine by the glass list thin.
I had the foie gras on a bed of salad with fruit. Foei gras is always good but the preparation was blant. For main dish i had trout with bacon and tomato. The fish was fresh and it tasted fine but it was blant too. For much less, i have eaten better.
My friend had a recommendation from the waitress.., it was the tongue with yogurt and mint. Actually, the best thing we had. Very tasty.
Regretfully, i think this place is overrated. Certainly it may have been great in its glory days but today seems to coasting.
The next day, we went to Nora gray and sat at the bar.. As we were told that the bartender/ owner was fab. That lived up to it.... Service was fabulous... So was the food. I would definitely go back and sit at the bar again.

1 Thank cep
Long Beach, California
“Good but not Great”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Though the food was good, it was not at the level I had expected. The double down foie gras was excellent, but the canard aux cherises was, I felt, cooked unevenly. Some pieces were great and others gave my jaw a good workout. The service was nothing special...but it was adequate. The The ambiance was nothing special except the buffalo head. My preference is for The Tuck Shop down the street.

• Visited July 2014