“Favorite Meal in Montreal”

Confusion Tapas du Monde
Reserve with OpenTable
Confusion Tapas du Monde is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,194 of 5,890 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$25 - US$39
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Cross street: De Maisonneuve est
Transit: Metro Berri-Uqam
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We hadn't been to Montreal in about 8 years and loved Confusion on our last trip. We were hoping that it was as good as we remembered. We were not disappointed!

Confusion's menu is world tapas...which means an eclectic menu which has something for everyone. We ended up having nine dishes for the 5 of us (three children). Definitely, want to mention the Lobster Mac & Cheese. It is an 1/2 a Maine lobster with Mac & Cheese with shrimp, calamari and bacon. Delicious. Really enjoyed the duck confit, rabbit leg confit and scallops in a vanilla flavored sauce. The kids surprised me and loved the rabbit.

In addition, we ordered the escargot with angel pasta. Often escargot can be steeped in butter and garlic, but this was much more subtle. I enjoy traditional escargot, but really enjoyed this, too.

Our two favorites were the beef in a maple syrup and red wine sauce and the Saganaki cheese (we got two of each dish). The Saganaki is flambéed right in front of you and then flavored with lemon juice. This was an old favorite and were glad to see it was still on the menu.

Confusion is not inexpensive. Each tapas dish is $15-$20 and they are not large, but we loved every dish and the whole family declared the best meal of our trip.

I hope it won't be another eight years before we return.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is a good place with good Tapas and cold beer. The beer selection was minimal but they had what I like. The mini burger tapas was a good choice. Outdoor seating was ok with partial views. Good service

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We read many of the reviews on Tripadvisor for this section of Montreal before making reservations at Confusion. We agree with many of the other Reviewers - Best in the Area! Many wonderful tapas to choose from on the menu. You won't be disappointed. Wine list is a little pricey for the selection, but some nice choices. Atmosphere was very good (could be a little darker). Waiter was very attentive and able to provide some details on the menu. A little noise from next door (live music) so check the talent next door before you decide to eat outside on the patio.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I visit MTL 4 or so times a year and I always look forward to eating at Confusion. The menu offers lots of choices for everyone. The service is superb and I always leave happy. My favorite place to sit is on the swings... such a unique touch. Whenever I go to MTL I always try out other restaurants but I always end up returning to Confusion because none of the others compare.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

A friend and myself, attending a Convention in Montreal wandered into an empty bar and asked the bartender for a dinner recommendation and he told us this was the place to go and he was right! We were welcomed in with open arms. We ordered the $99 Tapas for two and enjoyed it immensely. The service was was amazing (Steve) and the owner and his fiancé went over and above to make our experience memorable. The drinks were perfect, tapas delicious and the desert was to die for! They actually closed while we were there and we were not made to feel rushed in any way. I would highly recommend stopping here on your travels and should I return to Montreal all the way from BC, I will be going back! Thank you again for a fantastic evening!

1  Thank blackwidow9