“Good basic food with fast service”
Review of Pho Tay Ho

Pho Tay Ho
Ranked #443 of 6,033 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I have been there a few times. The place is OK. You can sit outside. The food is good. Soups are about $10 +tip. The service is fast (which is good) but can be rude (which is bad). Actually one of the waiters that welcomes the clients is particularly impolite. Almost insulting. I am sorry to say this but his presence almost spoils the experience. (I first thought maybe he is in a bad mood on that day, but no, he is always rude.)

Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

I visit Montreal from the west coast about twice a year and every trip I try and come here. The food is nothing short of excellent. The pho is so tasty and everything is fresh and flavorful. If you like pho and Vietnamese food then you must eat here. You won't regret it.

1  Thank Drweatherby
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I took a trip to Montreal during the march break this year, totally satisfied. As a Vietnamese, I would recommend my friend to come if they want to try a real Vietnamese food. the price is good also, not too expensive, but if you come during the weekend, you might have to wait for the table.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

If you are looking for cheap eats around Montreal, this restaurant deserves a visit. For less than 10 Canadian dollars, you can fill your empty stomach with a good bowl of "Pho" from Tay Ho. The place is always crowdy, noisy and dirty but i really don't mind. Their "Pho Ga" is really worth a detour every single time.

1  Thank Duke_of_MTL
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Chose this restaurant based on reviews here on TripAdvisor. Excellent choice! Delicious and fresh, the selections were hard to understand. But we did our best to make choices and I don't know that there is anything in this place that isn't excellent. Every plate we saw go by as we waited looked and smelled amazing. We had grilled chicken (spouse) and beef (me) on vermicelli with salad and Imperial roll. Wonderful flavors, served beautifully. A great start to our Montreal vacation!