“Food Good, service horrible” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Campagnola

La Campagnola
Ranked #193 of 5,657 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$7 - US$37
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Quality, quality & qualityg H
Laval, Canada
“Food Good, service horrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

This was our first experience at this restaurant, we had heard rave reviews and do not know if our experience was out of the norm. We had 7:00 pm reservations and did not have the food on our tables until 9:30, the service was horrible, with not all meals arriving at the same time, bread and prosciutto arriving at least an hour after our arrival, someone in our party requested a small plate of pasta for a very young child to be brought shortly after we arrived,it did not until at least 8:30.

I do not know if they had staffing problems on his particular night, however with such lousy service, which I might add they knew about because they kept saying it won't be long, I would have thought that they would have at least offered a complimentary dessert or cup of coffee, after all we were a party of 12 plus a young child.

In all fairness when the food did arrive it was very, very good, but by that time we were all annoyed and did not have much of an appetite and many of us took our food to go. A bit much for a restaurant that is not that inexpensive for what it serves.

Based on this evening I would not go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Montreal, Canada
“Fooled by the waiter”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

I went yesterday and was pushed by the waiter toward main meal including veal,shrimps and pasta in a creamy sauce,$32.00 the plate, I was not sure it seemed too much for me but he insisted that I would miss on something so I believed him, the veal was very nice, the shrimps overcooked, as for the pasta it was bland and the creamy sauce non existant, I should have return my plate but I was not hungry anymore at that point ,so we went for a dessert the waiter brought a nice plate to show us the assortment they had, I took a creme brulé , yes only a creme brulé, what was not my surprise when the bill came it was $12,00, in all it costed for two $120.00 + tip no wine included, its a bring your own wine, next time I want to pay such a price I will go to a very renowned restaurant where I will not be dissapointed and pay about the same price. I will never set foot in that restaurant again. In my opinion this restautant is a real rip off.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Marianne D
Toronto, Canada
“This is the best casual Italian restaurant in Greater Montreal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

Hidden away in a strip plaza in Lasalle (SW Montreal) this restaurant has the very best Italain cuisine in Montreal ...so good a colleague made me bring one of their Arancini Rice balls all the way back to Toronto for him. Risotto is always hard to get right, and I believe that this restaurant has some of the very best seafood risoto! The dessert are outstanding. It is Bring Your Own Bottle, and please check if they take credit cards, as I think I paid cash for some reason. Food is outstanding and very friendly staff. Love it!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank guru4travel
Quebec City, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't miss this restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

Great food, excellent and friendly service
Amazing food on the plate please do not keep the outside first impress because of the sade highway not so far. The family who have the restaurant are wonderful.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Sandra B
Montreal
“Truly amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

Being from the east end and Italian, I hardly ever venture far from home for excellent Italian food.
Last night, this Lasalle restaurant surprised me...the food was absolutely wonderful.
We were a large group hence we got to taste many various dishes. The marinated muscles were delicate and delicious, the homemade sausage is mouth watering, the calamari tender, the homemade charcuterie is just as good as the one in my cantina, the marinated vegetables and olives...all authentic flavors. For dessert we had heavenly zeppoli with chocolate.
Awesome experience and service.

• Visited December 2012