“Overall I will totally recommended to my friends.”
Review of Kyo Bar Japonais

Kyo Bar Japonais
Reserve with OpenTable
Kyo Bar Japonais is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 5,710 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$14 - US$26
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Quartier International
Cross street: Saint-Jacques
Transit: Metro Place d'Armes (Orange line) Bus line: 55
Description: A taste of Japan situated in a laid-back hideaway by Place d'Armes Square, Kyo Bar Japonais is a favourite among hungry, Old Montreal diners. Its menu boasts colourful izakaya creations, lunchtime bento box specials, smart sushi options and, with over 25 varieties, Montreal's most extensive sake list! Punctuating the assorted deliciousness is an atmosphere fit for good times, great company and ample post-meal sake sipping.
mtl
“Overall I will totally recommended to my friends.”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I really loved the place it had a nice ambience, delicious food and our waitress Karina was really courteous and professional. Going back for sure!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank lyly08

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Excellent food and great service”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I went twice trying different choices, everything was perfectly prepared, light and finely testing. Both meat and fish preparations are just right.
A word for the service, everybody is quick, smiling and efficient; Marilyn, the bartender, is a category in itself and deserves a special mention.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Agostino M
Montreal
“Different experience”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

It was our first visit in that type of japanese restaurant. They have great sushi but you need to try their izakaya food. Scallop ceviche, tataki, ika fry....all amazing. You order a few plates and you share them with your friend. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Montreal.

2 Thank SmithPP
Granada, Spain
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

It is close to Notre-Dame but it was not very expensive.
The service was very good, quick and really nice.

The first time I was on Montreal I went another Sushi restaurant where the service was not ok, even they server me warm sushi. It was not a good experience and I was not sure about going to Sushi bars on that city. Fortunately I decided to go to Kyo bar, where they served the sushi as it should be.

They open till late (11-12pm). I really appreciate that because I that week I was working until late. I was attended in English.

2 Thank Alberto G
Houston, Texas
“A feast”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Sushi, sashimi...you have all kind of leagues...Kyo is one of the best places for Japanese Food..creativity, fresh, tasty...great choice of wine...and the best bar tender in a restaurant I ever met (Marylin)...went twice in 2 weeks...a feast..

2 Thank Guy K
Patrick B, Directeur général at Kyo Bar Japonais, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for this great comment! We are happy to see that our passionate team exceeded your expectations!

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Montréal!!!