“Must try sandwiches”

Neighbourhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Montreal
“Must try sandwiches”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Have been going for at least 25 years and still enjoy it. Try the pork or chicken sandwiches and spicy potatoes are great too.

Visited November 2013

Montreal, Canada
“Portuguese Fast Food grilled chicken”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is a well located, on The Main, for a quick fix of grilled chicken that is SOOO tasty. It is owned by the restaurant next door, but doesnt have table seating and is pretty basic. But I go for the food! Well worth it.

Visited July 2013
Vancouver
“WAY TOO DRY AND TASTELESS!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My wife and I ate here October 07/2013. We were attracted by the window display of stacks of roasted chickens. We had the chicken, wings, potatoes, coleslaw and the egg tarts. We had the chicken with sauce they mop on top. The sauce is a watery hot sauce with little or no flavor. They do not season the chickens. We found the chicken incredibly dry. To the point that you had to drink something after every bite. The skin was crisp but had no flavor. We had portugese buns but these were too dry to really make a sandwich out of. The wings were so brittle the meat was like sharp shards of wood. Again tasteless. The potatoes were nice. They were roasted below the chickens but again tasteless. If they would simply salt the chickens this would also transfer to the potatoes. The egg tarts were not bad but not as creamy as I have had elsewhere. It seems they were made with some corn starch or something to create the pudding.

I cannot recommend this place. There is another one on St. Viateur street across from the bagel bakery. Exact same style but had long lines. I will try that one next.

I just cannot recommend coco rico.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Canuckscout
La Prairie, Canada
“Great chicken!!”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Depending on many factors, I went there a couple of times and I can tell you that this is a great restaurant when you go on the "Main".

I always take chicken thigh with potatoes and a cole slaw salad, and it's really good!! They serve directly at the counter, no service, prices affordable.

• Visited June 2013
Fishkill, New York
“driest chicken on the planet”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My husband and I both had the chicken sandwich-both skimpy portions of chicken, and what was there was so dry it was almost impossible to swallow. Maybe we caught them on an off day? Chicken cooked too long? the potatoes were cold too. Next time we choose Schwartz's instead

• Visited July 2013