“Homemade pasta on Rue St Dennis”
Review of Amarone

Ranked #723 of 6,008 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Had the craving for clam sauce T A got it right. Looking for a reasonably priced rest on St Dennis found Amarone . Wife had the shrimp scampi very tasty, I had them make me clams and mussels in a red garlic sauce it filled my craving. Mike the owner came over and made us feel right at home like we were part of his family. 2 pastas 1 glass of wine 1 bottle of water( and dessert on the house) 70 Cd with tip would go back

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We went to this restaurant not expecting much, because of the mixed reviews. The place is not fancy but it is kind of easygoing. We ate outside, which was good as it was a warm night. Although it is in a busy street it was quiet enough. We had bocconcini with prosciutto and another bocconcini with tomato, champignons sautés and a green salad, all as starters. Everything was very good and good quality. As main we all had pasta. Spaghetti alla vongole, fettucine almafitana and fettucine saumon fumé. All excellent!! Al dente as in Italy and very very tasty!! We had the house wine, an Italian wine which was good enough and a chocolate cake to share as dessert. The waiters very helpful and very nice. Good humored. It was a great dinner and we certainly recommend the place and the food.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My friend flew in to Montreal the day we were there (June 30th), & was seated next to a relative of the Amarone family during the flight. She recommended this place, & made it sound so good, we decided to go that very night. We were not disappointed. It is a cozy, charming place on St. Denis, which we would have never found on our own. Mama Angela is the cook, & her food is authentic Italian, made from scratch, & cooked with love. We had the Table d'hote, which consisted of one of the best Caesar salads I ever had......as well as a house specialty manicotti. The pasta melted in your mouth.......delicious! Gnocchi is another specialty, which I look forward to tasting next time I'm in Montreal. We did not have dessert that night.......however, we asked about cannolis, & were told they had to be ordered 2 days in advance ........can't wait to give them a try during my next visit. The restaurant also has an Outdoor Terrace, but it was so hot that evening, we decided to dine inside. If we had not had other engagements, we would have returned another evening ........ but, there's always next time to look forward to. :-) If you like good Italian food, this is the place for you!!

2  Thank cruzgurl
Reviewed 24 June 2014

After our original reservations at another italian restaurant didn't work out, I used Trip Advisor to find another restaurant nearby.
Amarone came up and after reading the great reviews we decided to try it out.
Situated on a street we'd never come across in Montreal, Amarone is a hidden gem. You could quite easily walk right by it and never know what you were missing.
Great rustic charm created a perfect romantic dinner for my husband and I. Staff is fantastic, all family run, and food is even better. The pasta is some of the best we've ever had.
We can't wait to go back!

2  Thank Stashmom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We spent three nights in Montreal and visited this restaurant on our first night. It was recommended to us by the hotel. We don't usually choose Italian, but this was fantastic.
The food was delicious, the service was excellent, the wine was tasty....
It is family owned and run which showed in their attitude to customers.
We had two different main coursers and it was plated up with half each so we could try both...great idea.
Highly recommended.