“Not what it used to be”

Price range: US$25 - US$99
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Olympic Park & Hochelaga-Maisonneuve (HoMa)
Montreal, Canada
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Bad food and terrible service. Not worth it at all. The food was terrible and waiter was way too familiar and rude

Visited September 2012

Picton, Canada
“Very enjoyable experience”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We sat outside people watching and enjoying an excellent meal - attentive service, great pasta (two with carbonara, one alfredo) and though not normally pasta guzzlers (can be a bit monotonous) we all loved it. Also it was all surprisingly reasonably priced; we plan to go again!

USA
“This place has gone down the tubes”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I come to Montreal once or twice a year and for the past five or six years have had dinner at Planete at least once per trip, sometimes as often as three times in a week. I don't think I'll be back. This time around, the service was bad (my colleague was brought the wrong entree, which meant that I had to eat my pasta before the cream sauce hardened -- which it did anyway -- while we waited for his correct entree to arrive). The food actually made me sick for two days afterwards. The manager (?!) came to apologize about the loud music because his boyfriend kept playing with the sound system. I'm not sure how he could tell, because he and the boyfriend were making out at the bar the whole time we were eating. The boyfriend had his barstool set away from the bar so that everyone who had to pass into or out of the dining area had to squeeze by him. The final time the manager came to see how our meal was he was clearly drunk. I will never return there. Montreal has too many other good restaurants.

• Visited October 2011
Montreal, Canada
“Friendly and curteous staff. Creative chef. Gorgeous desserts. A little on the pricy side however Tuesday nights are 2...”
Reviewed 22 December 2007

Friendly and curteous staff. Creative chef. Gorgeous desserts. A little on the pricy side however Tuesday nights are 2 for 1. Totally worth it.