“Very nice find on Bernard”
Review of Pinokio Restaurant

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Outremont
Cross street: Champagneur
Transit: METRO: get off at Outremont station (blue line) BUS: take bus 80 on Parc avenue and get off at Bernard
Description: Pinokio Restaurant, in the heart of picturesque Outremont, serves dishes that only a city like Montreal could inspire. The menu is constantly evolving, reflecting the ideas of our chef Collin. Our dinner specials incorporate local flavors and traditional Italian cuisine. Open for more than 12 years, it has built an excellent reputation as a neighborhood restaurant with an extensive wine list representing all the regions of Italy.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My sister in law choose this restaurant for a saturday night out with the kids. The chef is american and worked with Mario Batalli in New York City at Lupa restaurant. Apparently he fell in love and followed his heart to Montreal to open a restaurant here. It's a cute small restaurant. We started with a salmon tartar which was actually very very good. The kids had caesar salad which to me was ok not as delicious as I expected. I had a green salad which I also found ok. The boys had a half portion of bolognese spaghetti. It was very lovely. My daughter had the papardelle with mushrooms and a veal stock sauce. It was decadent and apparently their signature dish! It was actually a memorable dish. For dessert, I had a chocolate caramel cake with cranberry dryed fruits sprinkled . It was actually a creative delicious dessert that the waitress recommended and Im glad I took her advice because I was actually very surprised how delicious it was. The service started off good but towards the end I found it was a bit slow for the coffee and to get our invoice to pay.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Greatest Italian food ever! Okay never been to Italy but this was great.
We shared the foie gras, I had the seafood linguini and my daughter had Salmon tartar.
Just great

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Was there last February with my girlfriend. I don't eat that much and I was disappointed of the portion I got when I took the Ossobuco, it was quite bland actually, service was average, the waiter didn't know much about wine, bad recommendation. My girlfriend took the fish, it was also bland and dry. Took the waiter about 15 mins to remove the plates from our table after we were done. Overall, poor rating, won't go back. It's a little bit pretentious and not up to par. Not recommended.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Cute little bistro on a nice street in MTL. Visited on a night with a few friends in the city and had a nice meal. Good atmosphere and good wine. Had 3 courses - all were enjoyable, except the dessert was a bit dry. All in all enjoyed my experience and would go back.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

A very nice, summertime, sidewalk dinner experience. The service was very friendly and efficient. The food was excellent and of good value. The only caveat was that the menu was limited in choices and the wine list also.
The food was served hot and well presented, no hurry, the staff made it a point of asking if everything was satisfactory and were very appreciative of the 'tip'.
I just can't say anything really negative about the place. I just wonder how it will be in a less summery environment.
Another good Italian restaurant in Montreal.

1  Thank Dumos