“PLEASE DON'T GO”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Very expensive price for bad food. No service, no smile. Interact machine broken. ATM machine broken. No customers at all. Wait delay very long even if the place was empty. Food tasteless, dry and burnt. waste of time and money. Disastrous experience...

2  Thank anonyme-critique

Reviewed 11 October 2011

I'm sorry, but the sangria had almost no alcohol in it at all. Honestly is was juice with a splash of wine for color. The temperature was freezing and yes unfortunately the service was slow. I wish I had something better to say about the restaurant because carribean cuisine can be a nice experience.
Just to note, the hours of operation are completely unreliable. They are not standard.

Reviewed 10 January 2011

We recently went to Kalalu on a quiet Sunday night. The menu of Hatian food is quite interesting. The food was served hot and quickly. The meal provided some interesting flavours and spiciness. My only caveat is the decor and seating. For the price of the meal, you expect a bit better decor and certainly something better than resin seating (ie plastic chairs.) Otherwise, a wholehearted recommendation to try some Hatian food!

Reviewed 16 September 2010

I had about this restaurant I knew I had to try it! I absoutely loved it! The food is good, the place looks beautiful but most important, the staff is incredible!

Reviewed 5 February 2010

What adds to the atmosphere at Kalalu is the live performances. However, they charge an extra $5 per person for the performers. This cost is understandable. But, what everyone should know is that this restaurant charges an extra 10-15% service fee on top of the $5 - a service fee that the restaurant does not warn customers ahead of time about. So, be careful and pay attention to your bill. My friends and I have been going to Kalalu for years but they just changed management. This new service fee really bothered us, especially since we didn't know about it beforehand. We complained to the manager but he was very rude and insulting - saying that we were cheap and next time we shouldn't come to his restaurant if we didn't want to. Our point is that we would like it to be clear that a service fee will be added to our bill before we order - you can't just add a service fee on the bill and hope no one will notice. Very sneaky and dishonest way to run a business.

4  Thank paddler2301