“Good food, nothing special”

Dundees Bar & Grill
Ranked #389 of 5,712 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$15 - US$31
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian, American, Grill, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey
“Good food, nothing special”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Had one dinner here and while the food was mighty fine and the service was great, there was nothing spectacular about the place. Seems popular; their outdoor seating was hopping almost every night we were in town. But like everything in Montreal, it was a bit pricey for what we ordered, the bill was over $100 for 2 entrees and 2 drinks a piece. Had we ordered surf and turf, I wouldn't be surprised by the price. But modest chicken and pasta dishes don't usually come with a $100 final price tag. It's the taxes and the alcohol. Alcohol, in my opinion is the most overpriced item in the city and when you add the 15 or 18% taxes, you could very easily spend $11-$12 on a single pint. I used to party in New York City on the regular and you don't pay that for one drink even there. Bring your own if you can. The food was good, though, so if you're hungry, have at it.

Visited July 2014

“Service very slow & not interesting to serve”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

service here is slow, my friends are with me over facetime for an hour now, no one came to serve them and only they gave them the menu when they asked for it after 15 mins from their arrival. work to improve that buddies !!!

Adel

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Adel D
Kingston, Canada
“nice place for a cool one.......but typical”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

stopped here for a beer and a bite and seated outside on the upper balcony. Although we were there just to refresh and have a bite (afterall it is Montreal and you don't want to spoil dinner at one of the fantastic other eateries here) we found the wait staff slow in attending the tables....although I believe its the understaffing, not the quality of the wait staff.

We ordered a beer and white wine and some veggie nachos to tide us over. The drinks took for ever to get to us and the nachos were tasty, but haphazard. There was an ample amount of chips (homemade I think) and lots of veggies and dips, but the melted cheese was lumped in about a 3 1/2 " radius on top and the rest of the chips remained dry. Not great.

Anyways, thats my story about this place, not unusual, just average

Visited July 2014
1 Thank CdnDremer
Newark, Delaware
“Good downtown lunch”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Around the corner from the Fine Arts Museum, and we dropped in for lunch. Service very good.
Value menu for lunch was a bargain, considering downtown prices. Could have shared a plate. Prepared fresh, got us in and out quick, no complaints.

• Visited July 2014
San Marcos, California
“Rib Eye Steak was a horrible!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I ordered a rib eye steak medium rare and got a rubbery well done steak. I asked the server to please bring a medium rare and server came back that I will be charged for another steak is it will be replaced. I was unhappy but tried to compromise by accepting the steak but could not stand it and only had four bites of it. I had to chew one small slice cube of steak atleast 20 times because it was so rubbery and was just a horrible bad steak. Too bad too that I had to pay ~$30 for this rubbery bad steak and only had four bites of it.

I will never eat here again. And I give this restaurant double thumbs down.

• Visited July 2014