Review of Le Figaro

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Outremont
montreal
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Rude waitress spoiled the night. Arrogance is more memorable than a croissant in a city of good restaurants.

• Visited January 2013

montreal
Reviewed 25 January 2013

• Visited January 2013
“Good place but nothing extraordinary”
Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

The croissant which is their specialty was greecy. The breakfast is ok, nothing special.
Not a place that go back for food but defenitively because of its location.
Perfect for coffee break!

Cambridge MA
“One of our favorite spots in Montreal”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We returned here twice on a recent trip to Montreal. The art deco interior has a warm european feel & it is a great spot to people watch. We have only gone for dessert so we cannot comment as to the meals but we can say the cheesecake is home made & quite delicious. The servers are charming, very thoughtful and you never feel rushed. It is an inviting old world atmosphere and the perfect place to unwind after a hectic day in Montreal and hands down one of the prettiest terraces in the city.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank cote_a_cote
Montreal, Canada
“The best meal for Valentine's day!”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I must say, I go to the croissanterie Figaro many many times a year... for more than thirty years now! When I want a good supper, and I mean when I want beef of veal at its best, I go there without hesitation. The chef, Luc, is just the best at preparing this kind of meal.
Yesterday night for Valentine's day, they had a special with a duck confit as entree, that was simply heavenly, and a cold soup of tomato, avocado and lemon that was to die for, and as usual, a marvelous piece of meat with always good vegetable on the side, always divinely prepared. There was a chocolate mousse for dessert that my husband was extatic and unfortunately I couldn't have chocolate (health problem!) and so I took their excellent creme brulee. I must say I often take the lemon pie which is as good. And for chocolate lovers, they do this rhum and chocolate ball...
Their prices are very fair; I've paid much more for much less so many times, regretting not to have gone again to the Figaro in the first place.
And yes, their croissants are very good too! Very nice place to go just for coffee and croissants in the morning of afternoon.
Theif coffee is perfect, the service excellent, and the place is just so beautiful! Ecclectic art nouveau style, just magical.
In the summer they have a superb and huge terrace that is always full.
They do serve breakfast, but it's mostly croissants, or croissants with ham and cheese; so I wouldn't really go there for brunches.
I reccommend this place without any hesitation!
Plus the area is very beautiful, you can walk to the Outremont park nearby, lovely!

• Visited February 2012