“La Loggia: A Special Place”

La Loggia Art & Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 143 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 July 2008

My wife and I spent 3 nights in June at La Loggia B&B in Montreal. Great location, extremely clean, comfortable beds with great linen. The breakfast patio is most welcoming with fine coffee and other breakfast goodies. The above could be said of many B&B's but La Loggia goes beyond. We found it to be a special place. Most lodging is a place to stay while visiting a city. La Loggia quickly becomes part of your experience in Montreal. Rob & Joel are quick to share their knowledge, love and enthusiasm for their city.. Their feeling seem to infect all their guests. A great experience. We shall return!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jfmbam

Reviewed 5 June 2008

The first thing that comes to my mind when I think “La Loggia” is the rare balance between friendliness and professionalism..
“La Loggia” is located on a lovely and entertaining street that offers bars and restaurants and boutiques and is a nice walk away from many central streets of Montréal..
The house is amazing and well maintained.. And is rich with Artistic statements and creations offered for sale.
My husband and I stayed for almost a week and after a couple of nights it started feeling like home.. Part of this feeling came I guess from the quality of the soaps and the food a matter that makes me feel that Rob and Joel really care about their guests’ wellbeing..
If I was to visit Montreal again “La Loggia” is the place I want to be in.. Without thinking twice..

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katrine_Toronto
Reviewed 29 May 2008

Stayed at La Loggia with friends over Memorial Day weekend in Montreal. Rob and Joel were exceptional hosts and were extremely helpful during our stay. The bedrooms and bathrooms were clean and nice. The bed linens were so comfortable that I didn't want to get out of bed for breakfast.

The location is in the heart of the village and perfect for men who are looking to take advantage of the city life right outside the door. We walked almost everywhere the entire weekend without problems and found great shopping, restaurants, and nightlife. Rob and Joel were always available for recommendations on what to see and do and where to eat.

I would definitely stay there again and I hope I get the chance to return very soon. A great B&B in a great city with many thanks to Rob and Joel!

1  Thank NYC_NYNewYork
Reviewed 28 May 2008

My friends and I stayed at the La Loggia, after finding this property on the internet. I had been to Montreal several times before, but never at a B&B in that city. I was so glad we chose La Loggia. The accomodations were great, the location was convenience (to the Plateau, the village, and old Montreal), and, above all, the owners, Joel and Rob, were so genuinely warm and friendly, that the stay at their property became an integral part of the great time we had in Montreal. My partner and I have stayed at several B&Bs througout north america over the past 10 years, and La Loggia, I would say, is at the top of our list. I really liked our room (room 2, which has direct access to the great sunny patio out back). I don't know when we'll be back, but, next time we are in Montreal, we'll stay at La Loggia!

Reviewed 28 May 2008

A great place to stay for an intimate setting in the heart of the gay village. The location was great to easily reach Old Montreal, Downtown and the Plateau. The rooms are a good size, the bed very comfortable and back patio was a great place to relax and unwind after touring the city. The hosts were a pleasure and very useful to guide us to what this amazing city has to offer.

Reviewed 27 May 2008

I stayed the weekend here with some friends and found it perfect! The accommodation is very clean and comfortable. The hosts, Rob and Joel, were very friendly, inviting and informative. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The breakfast provided each morning was a perfect way to start the day, and the sun-filled courtyard was a great place to spend time with friends. The location is in an ideal spot and so close to everything. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to any friends as well. Definitely worth it!

Reviewed 16 May 2008

This gay owned and operated B&B was is a fantastic location that was close too everything. We did not need to catch any cabs and were close to all attractions.

The accommodation is clean, comfortable and super friendly. The owners made us feel really welcome and were understanding of our way of life.

The court yard at the back was also a great place to relax with the sun shining.

I would highly recommend visiting La Loggia