“A dream - would recommend to all”

La Loggia Art & Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 146 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My mom and I stayed here for a long weekend and, though I am remiss in my tardiness, I am thrilled to say it was the best bed and breakfast experience we have ever had. Rob and Joel welcomed us as if we were members of the family - they even gave us their parking space when street parking was tough to find!! The rooms were perfectly sized, the breakfast was delectable, the outdoor courtyard was charming, the location was impeccable. I truly hope to return to this magnificent city again and there will be no other choice of lodging than La Loggia. You can rest assured you will be in good, caring hands.

• Stayed: May 2013
There are newer reviews for La Loggia Art & Breakfast

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This was a great experience for my boyfriend and I. We loved it! Honestly the best spot you can get, near everything (walking distance), was very clean,friendly,and more than anything I felt VERYsafe!

Room Tip: We chose the room next to outdoor patio, it was a bit more private, it wasn't loud in the mornin...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aunnnna
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Very convenient location: airport bus stop, two metro stops, bus station (for buses to Ottawa or Quebec City for example), lots of places to eat within walking distance. Safe neighborhood: I was on my own for part of my stay and always felt comfortable walking back from the metro. I stayed in the Green room and shared a bathroom, which was never an issue. The tea and cookies available in the little kitchen area were much appreciated. Now for the even better part: the people! Rob is wonderful (I didn't get to talk with Joel but he must be too) and Guy was a perfect breakfast host. Good recommendations (I tried 4 restaurants from the list and they were great). There is only one breakfast table, which could have been awkward. Instead the conversation was animated and interesting every morning. But the other guests were on a par with the owners! They shared ideas and visits recommendations (I discovered a great Italian pastry shop I would never have been to otherwise). Great traveling experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2013

we loved everything about our stay with rob and joel. from the comfy rooms, to the conversations over breakfast, we would highly recommend this b&b. location was perfect with easy access to restaurants and the metro line. the bus service from the airport dropped us within walking distance. we stayed in the green room and shared a bathroom. both were perfectly clean and comfortable. loved our stay

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2013

From the first time I spoke with both Rob and Joel to arrange my stay at La Loggia, and to take sculpture classes with Joel- it was clear that this would be a comfortable vacation. After having spent four nights there, it is not an exaggeration to say that they are two of the warmest people you will meet anywhere. La Loggia is spotlessly clean, well-appointed, filled with beautiful artwork, centrally located, and I wouldn't change a thing about it. Moreover, if you are interested in sculpture- Joel's studio is amazing. He and his students are welcoming and his style of teaching is encouraging and helpful in a completely unobtrusive way. He's an excellent teacher and a true artist. Breakfast was exactly what you would want or need. Fresh fruits, yogurt, cereals, breads, cheeses juices and real coffee. Guy, their friend, hosts breakfast on the second floor of the B&B which is Rob and Joel's kitchen/living room, when the weather is too cold for the back garden.
They gave me a list of restaurants, all in close proximity, for every meal at different price points, different ethnicities...and each was better than the last. Rob took all the time I needed to acquaint me with the Metro locations (very nearby) and recommendations for places for me to see during my stay. I was new to the city and Rob made it easy. The neighborhood where La Loggia is located is full of interesting shops and very safe and comfortable to traverse, even late at night. Don't hesitate to stay here. It's like staying with friends...maybe better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2013

What a fantastic find La Loggia was. Being very centrally located, it's an easy walk to the historic area of Montreal and close to the Metro to venture further afield. The area has a lot of good restaurants to choose from and is very safe so we felt comfortable wandering around even late at night. With their attentive but low key approach, our hosts Rob and Joel and their friend Guy made us feel like we were staying with old friends rather than new acquaintances and we felt very relaxed and at home here. We enjoyed our evening chats in their cosy courtyard area out the back with its lovingly tendered plants and sculptures (created by Joel), which was also where a delicious breakfast was served each morning. We stayed in Room 1, which was a reasonable sized room with a private bathroom, extra comfy King size bed and free in room WiFi. It is situated at the front of the B & B facing the street, with large windows so the room was bathed in sunshine. It was also quiet at night which is good if you are a light sleeper. If you travelling by car, Rob will show you where you can park in a nearby street for free. Great hosts and would love to stay here again one day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pnc87
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Rob's introduction on our arrival really set the tone. Although we were very early the room was ready and Rob made us feel at home. His guide to local restaraunts was spot on and we tried 3 of them, all very different and all excellent. The location is close to both Metro and the main bus terminus but it was easy to walk to most places of interest. Breakfast was very good. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple