“Money worthing”
Review of Montreal

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Neighbourhoods
Neighbourhoods
New York City, New York
7 helpful votes
“Money worthing”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My friend and I went to different places in Canada including Vancouver, Toronto and found that shopping in Montreal is the best. Things here are much cheaper and it's so convenient here. You can buy everything you want easily. I would definitely come back again!!

1 Thank Joey N
49 helpful votes
“Always a Good Time in Montreal”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I have been to Montreal many times and it never disappoints for a quick getaway.

It is a great city to just walk around in. Downtown has lots of great restaurants and shopping. Old Montreal and the port area are great too.

Must do's in Montreal:
- Walk down St Catherines
- Visit the Olympic Park -Biodome etc
- Go to Mont Royal and the lookouts
- Eat a smoked meat sandwich and poutine
- Explore Old Montreal

1 Thank TravelonJo
New York City, New York
31 helpful votes
“Eva B best thrift shop in north america”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Eva B is a GREAT thrift shop with huge inventory and unbelievable prices. Don't be put off by the slightly sketchy neighborhood or super-Funky exterior. The staff there is so nice and friendly even if you are an English-only-speaking middle aged woman. This is NOT Williamsburg they don't care if you are hip. My teenaged daughter and I spent almost an hour browsing thru their great stuff mostly on the first floor but also on the slightly more upscale 2nd floor vintage section. There is a "pool"of clothes all $1 each that you climb up some steps and jump into and wade around hipdeep in clothes. (We were too chicken to do this but watched others) The staff offers free Demi-tasse chai tea and little bags of popcorn. They explain the whole store and are very nice. We got great bargains a like new winter coat for my daughter and almost not worn cowboy boots for $40 plus vintage pin buttons 10 for $4 great souvenirs. Also some other thrift shops four in a row further up St Laurent in less-sketchy 'hood: Le Friperie, Kitsch n Swell, etc but Eva B is the best Wish they had one in nyc

3 Thank nycjem
BruinsFanNJ
50 helpful votes
“Montreal, so much to see, so much to do!”
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We decided to visit Montreal for our family vacation. When my wife suggested Montreal, my first reaction was, what is there to see in Montreal? We're going to spend a whole week there? How about going to Quebec again (we were just there in October 2010), this time when the weather is a bit warmer. Boy, was I wrong.

Driving from NJ to Montreal was a breeze. Even with three stops, we still made it in decent time. We stayed at a townhome in Westmount section of Montreal. I have posted some questions to the forum and gotten very nice and helpful replies from friendly Montrealers here @Tripadvisor.

Overall impression is very positive. Driving in Montreal is also easy, although drivers are aggressive much like in New York City.
Montrealers must love to eat, since there are so many restaurants to choose from.
Finally, there are so much to do in Montreal, please see my trip review for a more detailed posting.

3 Thank BruinsFanNJ
Dallas, Texas
22 helpful votes
“Urban Chic!”
Reviewed 24 June 2011

A great city for walking/cycling! Streets are laid out in a grid, which makes it easier to not get lost. People here seem to really celebrate summer. Bicycles are available for rent all over downtown.

Old Montreal is full of art galleries, cobblestone streets, outdoor eateries, and rooftop pubs. Has a very European feel. Don't miss the Basilica of Notre Dame! A beautiful church with amazing woodwork.

Food everywhere was delicious. Some very rich dishes, and some were interesting spins on the traditional.

Nearly all of the signs are in French, which I don't speak. However, most of the locals spoke at least enough English that we could converse. Suggest learning a few key words, like bonjour. Making the effort goes a long way.

1 Thank KristenN

Been to Montreal? Share your experiences!