“Really good hotel”

Hotel Manoir Charest
Ranked #108 of 120 Quebec City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 April 2013

That is a really good place to stay. It is really central in downtown Quebec City, you can reach everything pretty fast. It is really clean and the owners are nice and helpful.
I would stay there every time again!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 April 2013

Budget-friendly and good-quality are two adjectives that don't always go together, with respect to hotels and hostels; but with Manoir Charest, rest assured that you'll find the perfect combination of both. I stayed here over Easter weekend 2013 upon the recommendation of a good friend who had lived in the city for 4 years until recently, and I had read beforehand the TripAdvisor reviews, which were mixed, so I went in not knowing what to expect. I ended up being pleasantly surprised by the warm reception of two dedicated co-owners (Marc and Alain), by the very clean rooms and public spaces, and by nice rooms that come equipped with a sink, a TV, an armchair, a commode, and a large, comfortable bed (I stayed on the top floor in a Standard Queen Room with Shared Bathroom). The hotel is very well located – within walking distance to all the major attractions and with a bus line right in front of it that will take you to Ste. Foy in about 30 minutes. It's pretty quiet (although, future travellers, this will of course always depend on what kind of neighbours you have). They also serve a free buffet breakfast in the morning - cereal, milk, coffee, bread, jam, peanut butter, fruit - that provides a nice closure to a homely stay. I highly recommend this place to all travellers, budget-conscious or not!

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor. It was quiet and pleasant and I recommend it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I spent a wonderful one week stay in the Manoir Charest Hotel at Quebec city. I really recommend this hotel to people who are looking for a cheap but really good hotel. You can get everything you like around (Restaurants, bus, stores, etc...)

Room Tip: All the rooms are very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We arrived on location very easily. In the center of downtown Quebec, very close to the historic and upper town areas. Access to the ongoing wonter carnaval was simple, and walkable! Parking was also provided, and continental was included. Staff was nice and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 11 October 2012

The photos for this hotel are laughable! Think more sad flophouse than thrifty/cozy.

Everything in our room was covered in a fine layer of dust. We had to pull furniture away from the wall to find a plug for our cell phones. No remote for the TV or drain stop in the sink. The furniture looked like it came from a Goodwill, and more in a curbside-after-dorm-room-exodus kind of way than in a cute, kitschy way. Even our curtain rod was broken so that the curtain dangled sadly in the middle of the window, allowing the streetlights direct access to our sleeping faces.

Breakfast was (admittedly good) bread and rotten, shriveled fruit that looked like it had been purchased weeks ago.

We opted for the shared bathroom to save money. We shared this hair-covered, mildewed bathroom with at least 7 people on our floor. After taxes, two nights came to $287. Next time we'll spring for the extra 40 dollars or so to stay in a less insultingly crappy place.

I will say that the young lady working the front desk was lovely, friendly and sweet.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MEwood_11
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I stayed two nights at this hotel and I only have good comments about it. The staff was nice and fun and they answer every question I had with a great interrest! The room was neat and the breakfast was excellent! I would recommand this hotel anytime!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I stayed here in room 10 from September 7th - 9th 2012 and had a fine time until the day we checked out. Around 12 bed bug bites appeared on the back of my neck and on my hand soon after checking out of the hotel. I emailed hotel management the next day to let them know, and to request a refund on our stay but have not heard anything from them. DO NOT STAY HERE, I AM ITCHY AND SWOLLEN and am now having to do extraneous loads of laundry in order to ease my mind that I did not bring them back with me. I also threw away a good suitcase.

Room Tip: Don't stay in any of the rooms, you will be ravaged by bed bugs and not compensated afterward fo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple